Motion lighting seperate ramp rates for on and off and option to have off delay effect contacts and others

I wasn't able to find a way to have a separate fade time for on vs off I'd like the on to be 0 and off to be 10 seconds or something like that. Also I added a gate contact sensor to have it turn on the lights and turn off the lights with closing however the off is immediate and since this is for a gate rather than a closet it would be nice to have the option to have the delay off for x minutes effect that contact as well. I may have missed something but for now I have created a virtual motion sensor which I added to the motion list then setup a RM rule to set that to active when the gate is opened then honors the 3 minute off delay I have set.

My settings and more details are at Motion lighting + contact

Thanks.

There is no way to specify a custom fade time for the off command in Hubitat. The device, if possible, will use it's configured fade time. The reason the fade time works for on is that the light is not actually being turned on but the level is being set with the command setLevel(level, fade).

Since you can specify the fade time for the dimmer level in the app, you can have the devices default fade time be the rate at which you want it to shut off (if that is possible with your device). What kind of dimmers are these?

It's a Gledopto Zigbee LED Strip Controller through a Hue Bridge. I see using the driver I can set it to a maximum of 5 seconds transition time. I've changed that setting to give it a try tonight.

Thanks for the explanation on that.

The Hue Bridge does not respect transition time for the off command.