Motion Lighting possible UI issue?

When adding "Additional Motion Sensors to keep on", after making selections and hitting update, The UI quickly show the selected motions sensor then disappear. If you click done, it goes to the main page and it's showing the devices selected correctly.

However, If you click on "Options for Additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off Options", it takes you to the next screen with nothing selected. From there, if you click done, it take you back to the main screen BUT this time no selected devices are shown.

This is on Chrome on Mac OS.

Tried it on Safari and it's doing the same.

Did you try with a different motion lighting app? I had something similar with a button controller and a scene with random options. I had to re-create it to get that to finally clear it up. But I know the additional sensors option does work in general.

I was creating a new instance of the motion lighting app. what other version of motion lighting app are there?

No, not another version....just in a different motion lighting app...another instance of it. Like a different set of inputs....you know how rule machine lists all the rules...

I'm seeing the same behavior for certain things in RM also.

Maybe @bravenel is aware.

I can select a second sensor no problem.

This is a known bug, fixed in the next release. For now, the way to get around it is to delete that particular app instance and recreate it.

1 Like

@bravenel the UI issue is still there for options for additional sensors, lights-off and Off options

As i've mentioned before i do believe the delay off and then indead the delay off per mode should be in this part of the app anyway, but there is no option for it but it still says its there

nothing selected

Sorry, it's been two months. Refresh by memory. Don't have time to reread this thread to figure out what you are talking about.

No i reported it more recently but couldn't find it as i originally reported it as something else as it was, but this was a secondary issue that you picked up. So thought best to put it on this thread as its motion lighting and UI rather than creating a new one the same.

@bravenel I've found it

Not trying to be difficult, but you have to tell me explicitly what the problem is that you are reporting.

you already did :smile:

It says Delay off for 1 minute when it shouldn't do.

1 Like

I see this also, I noticed it on one of the motion lighting apps I recently created. The ones I created over a month ago do not display this issue, so I suspect it was in one of the more recent updates.

It would be nice if someone would actually explain with detail what the problem is, instead of expecting me to read old threads to discover what it is. I'm a bit busy. Only do this is you want me to fix it.

@BorrisTheCat Posted pictures above that the motion lighting apps show "Delay off for 1 minute" when this option is NOT enabled.

You can see I have no options enabled under "Options for additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off options", yet it still says "Delay off for 1 minute"

1 Like

@bravenel just a reminder that the UI bug is still there in 2.0.8.

Yeah I noticed that issue still exists.

OK, so I think if you create a new instance, what you will find is that it sets the delay by default to 1 minute. You can change that to 0 minutes. If you try to delete the 1 minute it just comes back, since it is a default setting. The screen shots above in this thread showed the option of setting the delay missing, but the UI showing it (since it was set to 1), and these screen shots are not from 2.0.8. That bug was fixed.

No there not, it was just I was making changes on the app and it still shows 1 min even though delay per mode is used. I'll re create the app and see it it stays.

Ah, yes. The problem with only seeing this once a month is I forgot what the problem was. Found the cause now, and it will be fixed. I thought I had fixed it, but the fix was wrong. Thanks.

1 Like