Motion Lighting Between to Times

I have the following rule setup but for some reason the light comes on all day even though its set to only be between sunset and 11:30pm. Any advice?

I will investigate this. I'm not finding a failure with this.

Do you need any more info happy to provide logs if need be

Look at the device page for Outside Front and see if it's in use by any other app. And yes, if you have logs demonstrating a failure I'd like to see them. The logs from the Motion Lighting instance in particular.

I just took one of my ML rules, and added the time restriction just like yours. It does not turn on now, as it's not between sunset and 11:30PM.

Here you go

EDIT: Changed logs to screenshots as requested :slight_smile:

OK, very strange. Can you show me a screenshot of the app status page?

BTW, when showing logs, screenshots are much better than copy/paste...

Where would I find the app status page (sorry only been on hubitat a week)

I'm going to assume you mean the settings so here they are

Is your timezone set correctly? Look at Settings / Location. Hit Update on that, and then reboot your hub. See if that corrects the problem.

It's as if a time comparison is failing, and it's not the code that's failing. So, maybe its the time in the hub.

Timezone is on PST as my other lighting and my HSM sets correctly based on the timezones

Is there anyway I can give you access into the system?

I am experiencing the same issue, I have it set to only trigger on between sunset and 10:45PM CST. It seems to trigger on always. I have a different motion that is set with 2 time end points (6:00am - 10:45pm) which works fine.

Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version

Here are screen shots of the one not working correctly:

So I think I figured it out. I tried creating the same rule in Simple Automation Rules It did the same thing was ignoring the Sunset start time. I began making the same rule in rule machine. When I got to the condition statement and punched in sunset to 10:45PM it was coming back T (True). Which wasn't correct. I saved the rule anyways. I rebooted the hubitat. After rebooting the rule began coming back as F (False). I deleted my rule machine rule and went back to motion and mode lighting created the rule and now it seems to be working. So when in doubt reboot hubitat (3 times if you know the joke).