Most Popular Smart Outlets / Plugs elevated by Hubitat in 2021

The "Year in Review " series continues with the most popular of all smart home devices - smart plugs or outlets. They come in all shapes, forms and price points, and they serve many functions, from dimming a bed-side lamp, to controlling energy consumption, to strengthening the mesh networks. Vote now, for your favorite Smart Outlets / Plugs elevated by Hubitat in 2021 .

If your favorite device is not on the list, then select "Other" and drop a comment below, to share which device is your favorite.

• Centralite Smart Plug Mini (Zigbee)
  • Minoston Mini Plug - dimmer or switch (Z-Wave)
  • Tuya Smart Zigbee 3.0 Outlet (Zigbee)
  • Lutron Caséta Smart Plug - indoor or outdoor (Integration)
  • SONOFF S31 Lite Smart Plug (Zigbee)
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

Honorable mentions
Leviton ZW15R-1BW Decora Smart Tamper-Resistant Outlet (Z-Wave)
Aeotec Smart Switch 7 (Z-Wave)

*for a complete list of compatible outlets or plugs, check out the "List of Compatible Devices ". Our engineers have tested 79 different models (see "Outlet / Plug" under "Device Type" column).

Other: Sengled zigbee plug and Enerwave z-wave receptacles (even though it's hard to get Enerwave receptacles at the moment)

1 Like

Personally I'm a fan of the in-wall outlets - have the GE/Enbrighten zigbee model, which has worked great as a repeater to reach outdoor ZigBee floodlights.

Also planning to incorporate the Leviton ZW15R-1BW Decora Smart Tamper-Resistant Outlet (Z-Wave 700 series) to expand/harden my zwave mesh

2 Likes

IKEA cheap and repeat for Aqara devices

1 Like

I will have to say IKEA Zigbee outlet (notice I did not put the word smart) but only because they are dirt cheap and great repeaters, When the Holydays come around, I use them for string lights because they are in the right place and are non critical.

But to tell you the truth, as a supposedly "smart" outlet they are very ordinary and rarely report back there status when switched, might just need a firmware update?

1 Like

Kasa Smart plugs for me

OTHER:
Salus SP600. Repeat and give power reporting. I have 5 working flawlessly.
Paired using Generic Zigbee Outlet or User driver.
XENON Multi strip. Repeats, has 4 outlets and 2 USB ports all of which are switchable.
Paired using Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch.

2 Likes

Other: Innr Zigbee Smart Plug

5 Likes

Other. For me a don’t like the peanut plug-in outlets. I have the GE/Enbrighten z-wave smart outlets that are installed in the wall.

2 Likes

Sylvania Smart+ 72922-A

Big, bulky, but never fail to function as expected

I purchased a bunch of used Iris 3210-L smart plugs on eBay a few years back. They were cheap and have served me well. Before them, I was using some TP-Link Kasa WiFi smart plugs and they also did a decent job.

2 Likes

I would say originally I had the Centralite plugs and then they became hard to find (GEN 1), I then moved to the Peanut Plugs as my go to but they are aren't very pretty but worked well. Now I am going with Enbrighten's ZigBee in-wall outlets.

I find it interesting this appears to be one of the "year in review" posts that appears to have such a limited "conversation". For me the energy monitoring feature of my Kasa plugs not only provides an insight to my power consumption, it is also useful in indicating the operation of various appliances, including my washing machine, dehumidifiers, etc.

2 Likes

All of mine are GE/Jasco in-wall, with the exception of a couple Enerwave in-wall.

1 Like

#1: Sengled NB7
#2: TRÅDFRI
The Sengled NB7's include an on/off switch on the device and have power reporting capability.

1 Like

My choice is my Zooz Zen15 plug. These are the only appliance rated plug on the market I believe.

But honestly, there are so many choices with this category, it is hard to decide on just one.

1 Like

I have 4 Leviton ZW15R-1BW outlets. One of the big reasons is that I don't believe in removable warts because they can screw up the mesh if somebody unplugs them. I have some external holiday lights that use these and I have to find a place to plug them in during the off season or resort to deprovisioning. I kind of wish you could disable a device from being a repeater.

Thank you everyone for your participation. This thread will now be closed, but don't forget to vote for the Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021, before January 14th 2022:

Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021