Most Popular Locks elevated by Hubitat in 2021

We didn't remove the drivers, they are still there for those who feel adventurous enough to try them out.

2 Likes

Schlage BE 469's No problem operating and using lock code manager with them.

1 Like

I had a Schlage at my last house and for the most part, had no issues with it. I am sure if I had used a repeater I would have had no issues at all with it. When my new house is finished being built, I plan on getting another Schlage for it. I was interested in the Yale as well but the styling of the lock does not match my handleset like the Schlage does.

1 Like

Get the zigbee version of Schlage, no issues there

1 Like

KeyWe GKW-2000D best z-wave lock for hubitat. The design is sleek and it works.

1 Like

I probably would but the Zigbee version doesn't have the alarm like the zwave version does. It isn't the end of the world but it is still nice to have.

one BIG point that I researched when I bought my Schlage was the durability, bumpproof, pickability of the lock.
Schlage at the time was the best at my price point.
Kwikset was very pickable also, so even thought I bought one, I returned it and bought two Schlages off Ebay.
They both looked and operated like new and had the keys.
I know locks have improved, but before looking at a lock, do some research on the vulnerability of the different brands, and don't just judge on price/features.
The features might actually make the lock less secure!

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this - which is why I generally like the deadbolt / keypad only style like the Yale YRD256.

Of course that has it's own set of potential gotchas like having to leave the keyed entry knobs unlocked AND having to worry about any doors with glass panes as well.

Although I agree that things are getting better. "Bumping" is an interesting lock picking technique... very sobering to see how easily basic key locks can be opened this way...

Also what bumping may look like:

(@danabw demonstrating his groovy moves and awesome hair back in the 70's, probably)

3 Likes

Mostly looks like me, but I had much taller platform shoes!

3 Likes

boom boom... chik a boom...

1 Like

OOOOOO the bell bottoms too! Those were the days.....

1 Like

Never / Ever remember seeing pant legs rolled/cuffed up like that on bell bottoms.
Musta been a regional thing,

I installed August 4th gen lock (August Wi-Fi Smart Lock https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B082VXK9CK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_dl_6G7PHRV9MS4HA90AD5DZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) with community driver. Working fine so far for my garage door. Got YALE ZigBee for main door.

Has anyone developed a Loqed driver for HU?

There is a api for it, but I've never heard of it before now...

I use Schlage Zwave and generally happy with it.

The only issue I have is with the lock/unlock from dashboard being non-responsive at times. This makes it a pain to open remotely for someone that gets to my house before I'm home.

You tried the new Lock Mirror (found in built-in Mirror app) to see if that made a difference?

Install reliable lock app and add a repeater. The reliable lock app will create a child device and you unlock that instead and it will keep repeating the command until it's followed.

Thank you everyone for your participation. This thread will now be closed, but don't forget to vote for the Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021, before January 14th 2022:

Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021