Monoprice Zone Controller Wrapper

I just published this gem called Zoney (http://github.com/kenyonj/zoney) that will control the monoprice 6 zone amplifier. I'd love to get something like this controllable through hubitat. There was a ST app for it, but it wasn't really working for me. I also have a REST json api that I have in development and would be happy to work with anyone to get this going.

Let me know what you think

I'm looking to do a similar solution to drive a Linn Knekt system. I nearly got it working on Smartthings before moving to Hubitat. I was using code from here, but haven't yet got the app running on Hubitat. He has a Monoprice amplifier plugin if that helps. I think it's a good starting point.

Simon

I've already started trying to port that over, and I think i have everything done, but the Rpi code won't connect correctly to the serial port and grab all the zones. I had it working once on smartthings so I don't know what's different.

I had the serial side working, but not the smartthings status replies working, control was fine. Would you be willing to share your Hubitat node proxy port? I may be able to help with the serial side, I'll get the code on github over the weekend and share a link.

Thanks

I been working on this for a couple weeks now this is my first driver ever I will love some feed back

Maybe you could use this. I wrote a CLI tool for raspberry pi, and (as an afterthought) a flask app that provides a REST API for this. Get it here:

I haven't done anything with it in regards to the HE yet, it's low on my priority list.

I have 2-Monoprice 6 zone controllers chained together for my 12-zone house. I use the keypads and I have added the Itach Flex Wifi module for RS-232 functionality (more expensive than Raspberry PI) and am using an Android app but would definitely like to add HE functionality but it looks like the apps here are all headed towards the Raspberry PI. I will be glad to test any app for that incorporates the Itach Flex. Thanks

My monoprice system started humming through the speakers. Nothing has changed with how it's hooked up or other equipment in the same general area/circuit. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll take them.

I planned on moving it to another circuit, and failing that, using one of those ground plug adapters to completely disconnect the ground from it.

I buy a cheap RS232 Serial to Ethernet Converter and i make a driver for it GitHub - martinezmp3/Hubitat-Monoprice-6-zone-controller-TCP-IP-Serial I dont know how the Itach handdle telnet but this may work for it to is you cold get some data back on the log page on your hubitat I cold problably make some changes to make it work. test this and let me know.

I use USR-TCP232-302 I got it from china for less the 20$

I don't know if you ever fix it but a put ground Loop Noise Isolator and it make a tremendous change

What did you use? Mine hums on all inputs. Even on inputs not connected to anything. I have 2 units in a stack, and they both do it.

My didn’t do it when nothing was connected but i put A Ground Loop Noise Isolator and the noise when away I don’t remember where I buy it but is something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019393MV2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Let me know how it wen for you

PS: When I was researching the issue I learn that it could be that the electric outlet in not properly grounded.