Monoprice 4 in 1 sensor not triggering HSM

Hi, I've added a monoprice 4 in 1 sensor:

* deviceType:  **8225** 
* zwaveSecurePairingComplete:  **true** 
* inClusters:  **0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x80,0x71,0x31,0x70,0x84,0x7A,0x98** 
* firmwareVersion:  **5.1** 
* deviceId:  **8449** 
* manufacturer:  **265**

and despite having a "motion" state correctly reported in the interface, it is not triggering the HSM (device has been added in HSM).

### Current States

* battery :  **100** 
* humidity :  **49.69** 
* illuminance :  **0.39** 
* motion :  **active** 
* syncStatus :  **1 Pending Change** 
* temperature :  **25.32**

### State Variables

* wakeUpInterval :  **43200** 
* reportedHumidity :  **49.69** 
* humidityOffset :  **0** 
* configVal2 :  **10** 
* configVal3 :  **10** 
* configVal4 :  **10** 
* configVal5 :  **15** 
* configVal6 :  **2** 
* configVal7 :  **3** 
* reportedTemp :  **25.32** 
* tempOffset :  **0** 
* pendingRefresh :  **true**

Hubitat automatically selected the Zooz 4 in 1 driver.
I'd appreciate any hint.

Thanks!

I see the current state of motion is active, have you seen it inactive? I ask because the zooz 4 in 1 driver is a little complicated for the monoprice( or at least for me) to get it work correctly. My 2 monoprice 4 in 1 were false detecting so I had to lower the sensitivity.

Yes, I have seen it switching among the two states

If you changed the name of the sensor. You will need to go back into HSM and hit done to update.
Other thing to nail down the issue is open the UI and have one page with the sensor and another with live logging.
Trigger the motion and look at both pages.

Logging and events were fine.
In the end I rebooted and it worked.

It seems the sensor is somewhat behaving strangely, it stops reporting after a while and there is always "1 pending change"

The P/N of this Monoprice is 15902. Tried a factory reset but behavior is still the same.

It seems the sensor is not accepting the change of param #5 from 15 to 1

syncStatus is 1 Pending Change
Changing Motion Retrigger Interval (Param #5) to "1" (1 Minute (Firmware 5.9 & 16.9))
ConfigurationReport(configurationValue:[15], parameterNumber:5, size:1) scaledConfigurationValue: 15

according to the manual the allowed values is 1-255 minutes.

I'm now trying to keep it at 15 minutes, which it does seem to accept.

Did you ever figure out why your Monoprice 4 in 1 was always showing a pending change? Mine does too and it annoys me. I added to Hubitat yesterday and pushed the config button to accept changes but no matter what, it still showed a pending change. I let it sit over night and checked this morning and sure enough, it says there is another pending change.

It also seems to take 3-4 seconds for motion to be detected sometimes (maybe when the device isn't awake?), which is too slow.

Check logging when you save the settings and it should display a warning about which setting is set to a value that's not supported by that device.

If use use a paperclip to push the recessed button on the bottom of the device it will force the device to wake up and sync the settings so you don't have to wait hours for it to wake up on its own.

The Monoprice device and original version of the Zooz Device have a lot of issues with Motion detection. This is a device problem and has nothing to do with Hubitat.

You should check if the device paired secure, that make them slower.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.