Moes ZigBee Tuya switches

I have purchased about 30 of these:

MOES ZigBee Smart Touch Wall Light Switch,Requires Tuya ZigBee Hub,No Neutral Wire/N+L Wiring,No Capacitor,Smart Life Tuya 2/3 Way Remote Control, Work with Alexa Google Home, 2MQTT,1 Gang White

/a. co/d/c5SFLN2

Various forms including 1 gang, 2 gang, 4 gang etc.

I am new to Hubitat with a C8 hub. I can't get these to pair to the hub.

Sincerely would appreciate help.

What messages do you see in the logs? An Amazon review (pasted below) indicate they work with Hubitat, but need a custom/community driver.

However, even without a custom driver, they should pair with Hubitat as a "Device".

The driver in this thread may help:

There is no error. I do device ZigBee pair new device, or counts down from 90 seconds without funding any device.

Manual says to pair to hub hold button 5 seconds and that seems to work as it pulses light.

How do I install a custom driver?

My firmware is 2.3.5.146, how can I install the nightly build? Not seeing any advance option on web interface.

Are you sure you have zigbee devices? Can you pair any other zigbee device to the hub? Preferably one on the Hubitat device compatibility list?

It seems weird that none of your thirty devices pair. As I said, even if they aren't recognized as a switch, they should pair as a generic "Device".

What channel is your hub's zigbee radio set to? Which 2.4 GHz channels does your WiFi network use?

You can read more about how to add a custom driver or app from the Hubitat How-To documentation

1 Like

Yes, every box clearly says ZigBee 3.0.

My ZigBee radio is 20, power 8.

I'm connected using Ethernet.

Which 2.4 GHz WiFi channels are used by your WiFi network?

Also, have you tested any other zigbee device? Besides these Moes devices?

Welcome to the community!

It's always easier to understand your situation if you post some pics. :slight_smile:
You might need to go to Hub owners - Hubitat , join the group and then you'll be able to post lots of them. :grin:

1 Like

There has been more than one occasion in the past where the device inside the box was Wi-Fi not ZigBee.
Can you check for new SSIDs when it's in pairing mode? :thinking:

I have a few of these in my house, but called Zemismart, they look exactly the same and even have the same box. Some inside and in outside buildings. Never had any issues with them connecting.

I remember connecting the button on the left first and then it registered as a parent device and then the other buttons appearing as child.

Hope thats helpfull in some way.

I have many wifi APs as it's a large house and concrete. These are the only devices with this new C8 hub. They are ZigBee not wifi. I'm trying to pair closest to the hub, maximum 2 meters distance.

I have confirmed they are ZigBee by a) box clearly marked, b) Tuya app tried to pair by wifi and blue and doesn't work as expected as they are ZigBee.

I am not permitted to post pics or I would have, it's forum admin rule apparently.

Please tell me what I should try next so I can make this work?

What channels are they using? Are you aware of WiFi/zigbee interference? It is explained in the link below:

One thing you could try is this:

1. Do a shutdown from the hub settings menu.
  2. Remove power from the hub.
  3. Swap the two antennas.
  4. Power up the hub again.
  5. See if you can pair one of your zigbee switches.

I do not consider myself an expert with Hubitat but I can ask a few questions....

By "Many Wifi APs" do you mean Zigbee APs? The strength of your WIFI network is (I think) not relevant to this scenario. But given you are trying to connect a switch so close to your hub I think referring to any additional APs is not relevant.

Do you have any other Zigbee devices running on your Hubitat? If so this would indicate the switches as a problem rather than Zigbee connectivity more widely.

It is. Please read the link in my response that is directly above yours.

Zigbee and 2.4 GHz WiFi use the same frequencies. WiFi signal strength is much stronger than Zigbee, so it is very easy to drown a zigbee signal. Therefore, while designing a robust zigbee network, it is vital to choose a zigbee channel that will not be interfered with by channels used by 2.4 GHz WiFi networks in the same environment.

Mostly 1 and 11, I could mostly disable 2.4ghz. There is no wifi AP within 10 meters of the Hubitat C8 and less than 2 meters between hub and a switch that is not detected.

I also have a C7 that I intend to mesh and sync at other end of the house, but we aren't past step 1 yet.

I will try your troubleshooting steps

My power level was 8. Also trying 20 now.

Not a good idea to change it.

Now with power on 20, multiple switches are pairing. But they seem to only say "device" with no buttons?

Have screenshots but not allowed to upload them, argh