Modify Lumary hardware - drive it with an LM052 or similar?

I'm relatively new to the smart lighting game but I'm perfectly happy physically modifying hardware. I have some existing Luvoni brand lights that seem to just have a WB2L inside to drive them. I wonder, can I just remove that board and drive the panel from a controller light this or this to make it fairy Hubitat friendly?

I see the panel connects through well labeled "C W R G B +" pins (6 total) so it seems relatively straightforward. Anybody tried this yet?

I'm thinking about it because the Luvoni hardware is a very unique package, 4x4 or 6x6 inch squares maybe 1/2" thick. Very cool stuff!

thx

I’ve used the Zigbee controller to Control Strip lights and have been very happy with the results. I suspect it would work with your Luvoni, but if you need one controller per light, the cost might be high…

Yeah, I guess I would need one per light. In this particular case I'm dealing with odd space requirements and only need 4 total lights. For $200 total project cost (4 controllers, 4 lights... I'm ballparking the total), I'd be happy.

1 Like

The controllers can be purchased from Amazon or AliExpress. They tend to be much cheaper at AliExpress, but shipping will typically take longer.

1 Like

Did you manage to get these devices to work? I bought the 2nd of your examples this and I can't get it to work with Hubitat....

No, but so as not to discourage you too much the fault may be lack of effort on my part. I’m still interested but other things took priority. Still worth pursuing!