Modes not changing

New guy here. Modes never change automatically, tho I can change them manually.

Hub time is correct
I have tried specific times of day for the various modes.
I have also tried "Sunrise, Sunset, etc..."
'Have looked for clues here and elsewhere.

Am I doing something wrong?!

system%20clock

1 Like

I had a similar problem and tried all sorts as well. In the end completely powering off the hub and then restarting sorted things out for me.

Is it changing in the location and modes page in settings? Can you change it manually and does it update?

@ronmansfield3

Would you look at the app events for Mode Manager. Click on the gear icon just left of the app name on the Apps page, and then click on Events at the top of that page.

After setting up Mode Manager, did you hit Done?

Thanks Kev. I just tried that. No joy.

No. It is wrong there too.

No Patrick It's wrong (Mode=Evening) in the Modes page too.

Thanks for the quick response Bravenel. Yes. I am hitting Done.

App events (App Status) screen shows "No data available in table."

Patrick. I can change manually and then it stays "stuck" on the new manual setting.

The app isn't running for some reason. Would you please remove it and set it up again.

Removed and reinstalled. kept default settings. Same issue still.

What do you mean by same issue? Please show me the app status page (gear icon on Apps list).

I guess I meant that nothing I have tried has caused the mode feature to work:

1. Restarted Hub via browser
  2. Unplugged and plugged in hub after a 10+ second wait
  3. Uninstalled/reinstalled the Mode Manager App (several times)
  4. Tried setting Mode manually to actual times to change modes. e.g. 11:00 AM (several times)
  5. Tried setting "Sunrise, Sunset, etc. to change modes (several times)
  6. Manually set the correct mode (which did not then automatically change hours later as expected)

"

It sure looks like the app hasn't been installed properly, none of its settings are showing on that page. For example, your times for setting modes are not there.

Actually, I have done that several times as well. Here's a screen cap of the last time settings I tried.

Are there installation instructions somewhere that I have missed?

somewhere for the ap??

I'll try again this AM and let you know.

Okay. Working now. Maybe this switch should default to on at install?? Sorry for the noise.

config%20switch

1 Like

Modes switch as they should for me with that switch off.

I had trouble with Mode Manager as well (see topic “Mode Manager - Didn’t change modes”,) but to be honest I haven’t tested it since patching the Hubitat software because I ended up replacing it with my own custom rules in Rule Machine — not because I was having issues with it, but because I created another set of modes which required more complex switching than Mode Manager can do. Anyway, perhaps the troubleshooting steps I took on that could help you out.

Same here. Mode Manager has been working for me since day 1 when I set it up. That was about 1 year ago.