Mode manager will not go into Night Mode

I have the mode manager setup to go into night mode at 2200. Instead it goes into day mode. This is a potential safety issue because armed-night does not function.

I created a rule to force the issue. It did not work.

Can we see a screen shot of your rule? And of your Mode Manager?

Ditch the trigger event and actions to run items. The mode manager itself should already be doing what you have there in the first part.

It does for everything but Night Mode. This started when the first of the current firmware updates came in. At first, I thought I was mistaken. But last night I stayed up later then normal and tried to set night mode using a dashboard button. The mode would change to night and immediately go to day.

Do either device logs or system events show anything? I found a similar bug by carefully watching logs, posting the issue (there was no error, but an obvious oddity) and Bruce finally was able to find the root cause of the problem.

Be sure you have logging turned on in the Mode Manager app so you can get detailed data.

One often suggested fix for Mode Manager issues is to delete and recreate it. That is a little bit of work, but might be worth trying.

could be a bug .. similiar to this thread

HSM not arming - Support / Apps - Hubitat

i don't use mode manager so cannot readlly help. my mode switching is either by motion in conjunction with time of day, or presence sensor or doors unlocking.

I reinstalled Mode Manager a couple of times with the same results.

Did you turn on logging for Mode Manager, and see what that shows? Nobody can see what happens when it doesn't switch unless you post logs.

The hub time, time zone, and your location map are correct?

Also, just to be sure, you can "arrive" or "leave" with the Sm-N981U (phone?) and/or the key fobs and see that they all are reporting status correctly?

Go into settings, locations and modes and modes tab. Verify your modes in there. I've had weird things happen with my modes a few times where there were doubles/changes to my modes I know I didn't make. Once I cleaned those up things went back to normal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.