Mode manager kept going to away

My mode manager kept setting my status to away. Not sure why/how to fix. my HE does not have a active internet connection

Is there anything configured under the presence section in this mode manager app?

nope nothing is set under presence.
I also don't understand why the mode goes from evening to day at 12am.

Yeah I'm stumped as well. Might be one for support. Any ideas @bobbyD ?

1 Like

Actually, double-check your location settings. Is the hub configured on the right location and time zone?

I'm thinking about the setting of sunrise on one of the afternoons then sunrise and a location change around midnight.

You may also want to check the current time on the hub as well.

2 Likes

the time zone settings and current time are both correct.

What about in the other options, it shouldn't just change so your looking for some app or rule that you did to set it to away. You can used the "in use by" part or each device to try and find it.

Can you please post screenshots of your app settings (nn the app details page, hit the gear icon in the upper right hand corner).

1 Like

at midnight one or more crons would fire change Evening to Day/Away randomly

I think there is something wrong with managing of the cron Jobs. it is mysteriously set to 12am everyday and there are a bunch of them. I just removed the ModeManager app and re-added it and all the cron jobs are gone except for one. So i expect it to work today.

@bobbyD so now Mode Manager is stuck on day. No events is being triggered. I have tried sunrise/sunset, now I just gave up and set a specific time. as you can see prev run time is not set in the cron jobs.

Not sure if this is related or even a possible short-term option for you....

Yep I've removed individual modes in the app and re-add, the whole app/reinstall, and just now restarting the hub to see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

restarting the hub seem to have done the trick. was able to get the evening mode just now.

@sburke781 now the mode manager is refusing to exit night mode.

If you have engaged Support I would suggest continuing to work with them to resolve the issue. @bobbyD - Do you have any suggestions?

Looking at your screenshot in the post to Bobby a few weeks ago and post a few days later I noticed the "2" in the notifications icons in the top right of the screen and the fact you talk about restarting the hub having what I expect was only temporarily resolved the issue. Could you be seeing elevated load on the hub?

1 Like

Thank you. I forgot there is a support@ email I can use, I will give it a try.

The (2) Notifications are that the hub is unregistered and hub is not connected to cloud (I took it off LAN and put it on its own router connection w/o internet).

No elevated load, I have about 10 connected devices (4 zwave switches, 4 zigbee sensors and 2 zigbee plugs) and about 10 simple rules to control lights on and off during various times of the day.