Mode Manager Help

I am using Mode Manager for some time with no issue. I have it currently set to change the mode to HOME in the morning and SLEEP in the evening. I went into Mode Manager this morning to change the time of day that the system goes into SLEEP mode. When I open the dialog box that say "Set SLEEP mode based on:" (currently set to "Certain time") and try and change that to the choice "No Selection" it shows for about a second then auto changes back to "Certain time"

I went in and deleted the time that I had chosen, but it still shows "Certain time" even tho there is no time chosen. There is a similar issue that happens when I try and clear the days of the week, I uncheck them all and then they are all checked again as soon as I close the dialog.

Not sure if this will work or cause errors but time will tell.

Have others seen this issue from Mode Manager?

Thanks

"Set (Mode Name) based on" is apparently a required field (not exactly sure why, but see below), so you can't change it to "No selection." It will go back to something else if you try. If all you're trying to do is change the time, you can just change that--no need to delete it first. Similarly, "Only on these days" is required if you see it; if you want the default of all days, just check all days (it won't let you uncheck everything to get this default), and if you only want certain days, just check the ones you want.

If there's a mode you're not interested in automating, I have one of those too and just checked Mode Manager to see what it looks like. It defaulted to "At this time" with no time selected (and there was no blue bar or text to indicate that this section was complete). This does not cause problems for me (and I do use this mode elsewhere in Mode Manager, turning it on when a specification switch gets turned on). I'm not sure if this explains your situation, since it sounds like you still want to automate it, just at a different time, in which case you wouldn't need to worry about this at all.

Thanks @bertabcd1234, I was trying to remove the rule, sorry that was not clear from my post. It does look like it is working now, but still a strange UX to get there for sure. I have never configued the time of day rules for the AWAY mode and that does not look odd in the UI. My guess is that it will look odd if I add a rule and later want to remove it. Perhaps this is feedback for the Hubitat Team on the UX?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.