Mode manager doesn't seem to honor "use time settings for return from away"

See my mode manager settings below. This evening I returned home around 9pm, and Hubitat set itself in "day" mode as a result of "Back button" getting (virtually) pressed; but it should have switched to "evening", considering that I did select to use time settings for return from away (assuming I understand what that means). This is with 1.1.2.112

Image2

I will check it out. Are you sure your hub has the correct time (on the Settings page)?

Yep.

1 Like

Is this still broken for you? Seems to have fallen in a crack...

It is on 1.1.2.121; haven't tested the latest release yet.

How are you setting up "buttons" In the button manager I only see "Life360 refresh". Is this what you're using? I too would like when I return home for my mode to set based on the correct time. I'm not sure how to go about setting this up? Thank you.

I'm not using buttons; I'm using the "mode manager" app.

Yes I understand but the 3rd option in your screenshot says โ€œset modes with buttonsโ€ and you have back button 1. I what buttonnis this and how did you assign it?

Oh, sorry. That button is a virtual device which is "pushed" when a different app detects that someone is back home. From the mode manager's point of view, you just select that button in the screen you get when you click on that section.

For the record, @bravenel, this problem is still there in 1.1.4.126

By this problem do you mean button press not changing mode as expected? That is specifically, changing it from Away.?? That's what you showed in your original post.
??

What I described (or tried to describe) in my original post is that, even if I tell mode manager to "use time settings for return from Away when button is pushed", time settings seem to be ignored, and state is always set to "Day" when I press the button - rather than to the appropriate mode depending on the time of the day (so, if I push the button at 2am, mode is set to "day" rather than to "night", as it should).

OK, just wanting to firmly verify that this is failing when the hub is in Away mode? It only is supposed to work for Away mode to something else.

Correct; from Away mode.

Thanks, looking at it again.

Thanks; let me know if you need any more details from me in terms of how mode manager is set up (which I think is pretty basic).

I'm not able to reproduce a failure. But, could you show me a screen shot of your Mode Manager setup?

modemanager1modemanager2

If you are up for some testing, you could do the following to help:

Change your Evening time to something a few minutes from now, and then change the mode manually to Away (on Location page). Wait for that time to pass. Then push the button. Check the mode on the Location page by refreshing Location page. See if it changed to Evening or to Day.

I can't do that right now, but I will soon. That said, I'm not sure how that will be different from what happened yesterday evening at 10:50pm (except that the button was "pushed" by a different app - the button is virtual, for the record); the switch to "Night" is expected, as it's part of the mode manager schedule:

Name Description Value Event Type Date
mode Hickory Hill is now in Night mode Night LOCATION_MODE_CHANGE 2018-10-02 12:10:00.060 AM EDT
mode Hickory Hill is now in Day mode Day LOCATION_MODE_CHANGE 2018-10-01 10:50:30.137 PM EDT
mode Hickory Hill is now in Away mode Away LOCATION_MODE_CHANGE 2018-10-01 7:13:02.823 PM EDT