Mode Manager - Didn't change modes

I just set up my hub a couple days ago and I have 3 modes, Daytime, Evening, and Sleep. They are set to change based on sunset/sunrise/and a specific time, as long as someone is home.

Looking at the logs they’ve never triggered except for the one time I made a button to manually trigger “evening”.

How do I get this resolved?

I don't use Mode Manager, but as a start to resolve this, can you confirm that your HE's location and time are accurate?

1. If you go to Settings/Location are the lat/long accurate, is the timezone correct?
  2. If you go to Settings/Hub Details, is the current Hub Time accurate?

Yep, everything is accurate

Can you click on the "gear" icon in your first screenshot and post a screenshot of everything on that screen?

Looks like it is scheduled to enter sleep mode at 2:00AM on 5/10/2020, which is accurate. Let's see if that happens.

I just made a new mode and set it to trigger at 10pm, we'll see what happens in 20 mins

Check and see what the subscriptions are. I think they trigger at midnight.

Edit: Meaning go under the gear icon and look at when the next scheduled job is.

I don't see any reference to the new 10pm test mode there.

It is there. So it should work.

timeHandlerNew 2020-05-09 10:00:00 PM PDT

@jared.zimmerman

Looks like it is set to run in 4 minutes. Check the logs at 10:00 PM PDT.

Ok it triggered. Sooo, something wrong with sunset and sunrise?

Sunset should have run. From your Settings/Location page - what time is shown for Sunset and Sunrise.

6:04am and 8:06pm

When did you create/update the mode manager app?

Can you check if they show up under scheduled jobs after 12:00AM (i.e. for tomorrow)?

Day and a half ago? enough time that Daytime should have triggered twice, and Sunset, and Sleep twice.

A cording to Scheduled Jobs, it looks like something is happening at midnight (not sure what) my 2am sleep mode, and then tomorrows 10pm test mode, shouldn't sunrise and sunset be on the jobs list?

They will show up after midnight. Because the time for sunrise and sunset is determined at midnight.

I'll check again after midnight. So only hard coded times are shown in future events, where as times that are flexible are populated daily? (at midnight)

Yes, when the new day starts.

1 Like

looks like a sunset action was created but not a sunrise one