Modal tiles in dashboard?

Considering moving from wink to hubitat. I have a lot of hue lights and I like how wink handles the white balance and color selector. E.g. tap on and off, slide left and right for brightness, long tap/hold for white balance or color change. Can this all be done with a single tile and gestures, modals or does it require new screens per light to control on a dashboard?

1 Like

If you are referring to dashboard.. Color and color temp control is available from a popup, you don’t need separate screens

1 Like

1 Like

Once you have your device in dashboard, and click the tile for that device, this is what you get.

Edit: I should note this is the desktop view, the app view will be similar but a little different proportions.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.. And you should so make the move.. :grin: You won’t regret it

1 Like

I'm going through right now to see what of out home devices would be compatible, and what currently incompatible devices might be supported and vice versa. The biggest barrier for me is my disinterest in having to do any coding to get integrations working, and the ease of making robots in wink... I like the idea of custom dashboards but most all the one's I've seen on the share your dashboard thread look awful.

I'd link to my Home graph but the forums don't seem to allow links

1 Like

I would be surprised if you have something that just flat out won't work

1 Like

If you do find something ... hit me up.. I'm always looking for a new challenge

There are ways to pretty up the dashboards. Smartly is one that works pretty well. Truthfully, if you get your automations right, you won't use the dashboard much if at all.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-smartly-the-hubitat-dashboard-skin-engine/36681

You don't really need to code. If you want to add a driver from the community, you copy the Github link, paste, and save in the driver section. That is it. Same for apps, copy/paste, save.

The closest to coding will be Rule Machine, but that is really just robots times 2000+. Robots are actually quite hard to get right with having to do multiple robots to do one action and all that. I would advise not starting with Rule Machine, for most people Simple Lighting and Motion Lighting apps do quite well and are dead simple to setup.

2 Likes

I should also add: there is a very new app to add other apps (Is that confusing?) that some developers are starting to use. It is Beta, but works pretty well.

Once you install this first app, you just select what packages you want installed, and it does it for you.

Also, Cobra has a very nice organized site of apps where you just cut and paste the link into Hubitat. https://cobra-apps.co.uk/

Interesting, thanks thats helpful, I'll have to purchase the hubitat hub, and a new lutron hub to get started, still on the fence, but leaning towards. Partly just dreading the process of migrating 100+ devices and 30-40 robots/rules.

Are there dashboards that take a floorplan approach rather than widgets?

1 Like

It’s not as bad as it sounds.. Did this when I moved from ST.. You get on a roll after a bit and it doesn’t take too long

1 Like

I think some people have done that, if you mean sort of a map and switches located on that map. That was way too complex for me, so I just grouped all devices by room. Kitchen, computer room, and so on.

I also have grouped by device type, that is what I initially had when I was in the ~50 device range, but by room is much better.

The fun thing is you can do it any way you desire, Hubitat doesn't lock you to just one way to do things.