Mobile Presence

Yeah, that's the problem I'm seeing with the Life360 integration. When I check the logs, the is an error generated (I mentioned it in another post somewhere). So Life360 has me in the right place but something breaks with the HE/Life360 connection.

Tasker has never missed a report but it is sometimes delayed in comparison to Life360. Not a big deal for departures but an irritant for arrivals.

Um, no they don't. If you're somewhere without cell service, but are connected to wifi and your phone is locked you still get emails, imessages, etc.

:rofl:

Ya, they definitely do go to sleep intermittently. I'm not sure if a lack of cell service changes that calculus at all. You can test this for yourself at home by sniffing your network, otherwise it's pretty common knowledge.

1 Like

@thomasruns If you are referencing iPhones then your statement is incorrect. The biggest issues with iPhones is that they go into deep sleep mode and turn off 99% of their listening ports to conserve battery. They wake up ~every 10 minutes for full port capabilities. Only mDNS related services can wake up the phone.

Give it a try and place a RM notification to do a TTS alert for the next 24 hours. You won't get great sleep that evening as your speakers will be going off every 10 minutes.

1 Like