Mobile app won't start. Anyone running the mobile app on an Oppo F11?

Suggest you log a support ticket because unfortunately so far this thread is being ignored by Hubitat staff.

Let me try again.
@bobbyD

1 Like

In the continued absense of any response...
@gopher.ny maybe you can review/escalate?

It’s really strange that they seem to deliberately avoid this topic despite many reports and attempts to get them to comment. I think at this point it is safe to say it's not supported and they don't plan to support it. Not sure what else to say and it seems the HE team doesn't want to say anything different :frowning:

2 Likes

This is the reply from Hubitat support

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Unfortunately, our engineers have not tested this particular operating system, so your experience may vary. We are currently only supporting unaltered Android 7.0 and up or iOS 11 and up. Unfortunately, we do not support the customized ColorOS running on Oppo devices. "

Same reply from them on my side.
Android 7, really? Like from the dinosaurs age? I am guessing their app might run on Symbian too. :slight_smile:
I am already regretting that I have invested in Hubitat.
I was hoping to get more customer focus, but their behavior is similar to the ST even without the big pool of customers.

That’s the minimum supported version of stock (or relatively stock) Android. Oppo’s changes to their Android fork (ColorOS) result in the app not being compatible with many Oppo phones.

Realme 7 android 10... Had same problem

*Edit: app is fully working now.. as somebody said..
i just wiped data/cache, uninstalled the app,then reinstalled and gave manual permissions, also disabled power management (battery section in settings),enable background activities for the app, rebooted phone and wait.

Don't blame on the hub! Lol thanks hubitat team even if we solved the issue with no official support :muscle:t2::+1:t3:

Nope, tried that. Oppo doesn't work.

You're right, mine freezes again at splash screen just some hours after the trick...and my phone still with the same config

Bump! What's up with this. Just changed phone on Oneplus and app doesn't open. Managed to get it running once but after that nothing. Notifications works though and it seems that application runs in background but application can't just be opened to use it.

Want to share some information if someone (?) is interested.
I was able to open mobile application once again by opening it normally as application -> then while it's stuck in Hubitat screen -> I got a notification from Hubitat app and clicked that -> Application which was stuck in Hubitat screen finally opened. I was able to add widgets to my phones screen too. If I do not close mobile app I can use it and it works normally. If I closed application that has opened, then there is no easy way to get it open again.

Could it be possible to support check this. My Oneplus Nord 2 is Android 11 phone and I did not find any information about supported devices. Of course I suppose that newer phones are supported.

Ive had the same issue with the Oppo FindX2 Pro on Android 10 and now 11. It's claimed that ColorOS breaks the app which I dont doubt. However, the other hundred or so apps that I have on the phone work perfectly and this is the only app that has ever had an issue on my device. So there must be also something peculiar/unique about how they have coded the app. Either way, there are other options for notifications and dashboards that work just fine on Oppo devices.

1 Like

Well for sure there always might be something that breaks the application but same as you... I do not have any other application that is not working at the moment. Because of that... I also think that there has to be some basic issues in Hubitat app.
Also noticed that adding widgets is not as normal as it is with other applications. Application needs to be open at background so that device list can be seen and widget can be added. Not sure what happens under the application's hood but these are small silly issues that should be fixed and probably would not even take that much of time..

I would send support@hubitat.com an email, and start a support ticket.

Yeah that should be the right way to proceed but I have noticed that support also comments some of the issues in here community too. And..if there is more than couple of guys having issues it could lead more quicker solution. But yeah..I will create a ticket.

okay..got an answer and just have to deal with it.

I suppose support doesn't bother if I paste it here:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we don't test the OxygenOS to make sure that is fully compatible with Hubitat Mobile app, but we are aware that some users are unable to use Hubitat mobile app on OnePlus devices. This issue has been referred to our engineering team, but we do not have a time frame when or if OxygenOS fixes will be developed.

So they are aware of the issues but there's is nothing that can't be done at the moment.
Is there a list of compatible devices somewhere because I did not found it yet?

It's problematic to open the app on Xiaomi phones as well. The app get stuck on boot logo or the boot logo flashes from one side to another. Sometimes it works to press back button 5-10 times and sometimes the app needs to be killed and rebooted again.

I have had this problem on both android 10 and android 11 over a year now

Now I spent more time for searching "supported devices list" but I really can't find it. Is there list of compatible devices or what am I missing here?
Only thing that I found was in application shop:

"Android version:
5.1 or newer"

Docs say nothing.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat_Elevation_Mobile_Apps

That thing bothers me. I went and bought a phone but did not know that Hubitat cannot be used with it.

You should be able to run dashboards no problem. Just load them using the link provided (local or Cloud) on the dashboard page in the dashboard app. But yeah the mobile app is a hot mess on these Chinese phones.

1 Like

I'm not using hubitat's dashboard because for me it's too slow to use. I just realized that only thing that I'm actually missing is latest 20 notifications and device control in Devices page. Thankfully push notifications works and that would be disaster if they wouldn't work.

Thank god there is a sharptools which allows me to build beautiful dashboards and quick device control just by using browser. I still need to create virtual device in hubitat and use it with sharptools to report 20 latest notifications in sharptools tile.

By the way, quick fix for the app problem is to lock hubitat app when you manage to open it once. When locked -> it's always open at the background and always available to use.

I can live with this but you know.. just the basics of creating an application and not listing compatible devices..