Mobile App will not connect to hub

When I'm on my local network the mobile app will not connect to my hub. I get taken to the subscription page every time. I can connect via ip address but I'm hoping the native app button can be fixed, it used to work, instead of having to use the ip workaround. Thank you for any suggestions y'all might have.

So if you are in the mobile app, what or how did you try to access the hub?

Did you have to go to Settings tab, go to Hub, click on that and select a hub? (I think it prompts the first time?)

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Is it just one phone or did you try other phones/tablets?

Maybe @moncho1138 has an idea?

This could be the result of the hub getting a new ip and the old one cached on the app, the app will try to validate that the hub is reachable and if not it will try to use remote.

Uninstall/reinstall approach is the fastest solution.

2 Likes

And then setting a IP reservation for your hub so it doesn’t happen again.

1 Like

neonturboAmbassador

13h

So if you are in the mobile app, what or how did you try to access the hub?

Did you have to go to Settings tab, go to Hub, click on that and select a hub? (I think it prompts the first time?)

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Is it just one phone or did you try other phones/tablets?

Maybe @moncho1138 has an idea?

I was attempting to connect via the method you described.
I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the app which appears to have fixed my issue.

moncho1138Staff

12h

This could be the result of the hub getting a new ip and the old one cached on the app, the app will try to validate that the hub is reachable and if not it will try to use remote.

Uninstall/reinstall approach is the fastest solution.

jameslslateRegular

11h

And then setting a IP reservation for your hub so it doesn’t happen again.

I set my hub up with a static ip to prevent this type of issue but I guess it didn't work. After reading up on this forum I also decided to give my wifi IOT equipment static ips as well.

Thank you for your help guys.

1 Like