Mobile App Manager Execution

Upgraded from C-7 to C-8 a week ago. Things are going well. But, I noticed that the Mobile App Manager is the app using the most resources on my hub. I don't even remember seeing it before. What is this and is this normal?
Thanks,

Rebooted last night and this app is still chewing on the hub. Any thoughts about this? Is that normal? I don't even remember seeing this app on my C-7. Is it unique to the C-8?

Donโ€™t see it on my C-8 what does the app page look like?

Blurred the number in case. looks like this:

AND it's conspicuously absent from the App list.

Sounds like a mystery for @bobbyD

1 Like

I can't find any references to this app in the Hubitat Documentation. I hope @bobbyD can shed some light on this.

It manages the token for the mobile app by the look of things. Still needs some investigation, just found this after doing a search.

And it does other stuff as well...

My wife and I both have iPhones with the Mobile App installed. All I did when I migrated was go into each of them and choose the new hub. Wondering if this is all that needs to be done. Seems like one/both of these are hitting this app like a zillion times a day for something or another.

With an AppID of null, uninstalling this could be a problem.

Actually, apart from the stats, are you actually seeing any degraded performance in the hub or mobile app on your phones?

The Apps are showing as consuming only 1.8% of your uptime (as I read it), which seems quite low to me. That said the main hub I connect to occassionally is only 9K ms after 7 days for the mobile app manager.

Stats only. Before migrating my C-7 would run out of memory in about 3 days. So, I've gotten into a habit of watching the highest App/Device users of hub resources. This really stood out to me and I certainly don't remember seeing this app before. Pretty sure something is amiss given that it's app id is null.

Yeah, wasn't suggesting it wasn't worth raising, certainly is odd. Just wanted to understand if there were other symptoms. I can understand the App ID being blank, if that is seen as an id for user controllable apps vs internal apps that operate in the background. I suspect the bigger question if what could cause it to consume, admittedly a low about of time, but still odd nonetheless.

No problem removing it. I sent you a PM.

3 Likes

Closing the loop in case anyone has this in the future. Bobby was right. I deleted it and it came back but now it's waaaaaaaay down the list of apps using resources. All's well.

3 Likes