MM wave devices now on Amazon

Looks like the mm wave sensors have finally arrived on Amazon. These are Tuya based, will they work?

Torribala ZigBee Human Presence Sensor mmWave Radar High Precision Sensing Human Body Exists Sensor Support Tuya https://a.co/d/f3wJiJY

These work with HE using a custom driver [RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars), but these devices are the worst of all Tuya radars.

I would recommend to look at the other models.

2 Likes

TOTAL CRAP! I made the mistake of buying 3 of these pieces of trash based on the sensor used (Very configurable). However, the implementation by tuya is trash. There appears to be zero configuration other than Turing the led on or off. In addition, they do not work reliably. Several will stay active for no apparent reason. Even with everything off in the house (Ceiling fans, and any moving items and no pets present).

3 Likes

They misspelled Terrible

1 Like

Good stuff to know. Sadly I've not really seen others in the US yet.

The Aqara FP1 is still on sale until tomorrow on Aliexpress. Shipped from China, and takes 3 weeks to get here. But all the reviews and feedback show it's pretty nice.

Hmmm I could connect it to my Home Assistant instance, but I do not recommend anybody have Aqara devices directly on the their HE ZigBee mesh.

I have 7 battery powered ones on my HE Zigbee mesh, but I need to have a few Ikea Zigbee plugs as repeaters to keep them there.

This is true for the old Aqara/Xiaomi Zigbee devices.

The new Aqara series devices (for example Aqara P1 Motion Sensor RTCGQ14LM "lumi.motion.ac02", Aqara High Precision Motion Sensor RTCGQ13LM "lumi.motion.agl04", Aqara FP1 Human Presence Detector RTCZCGQ11LM "lumi.motion.ac01" do not suffer from the problems typical for the previous generation. These new devices released in the last 1-2 years are working OK with all Zigbee repeaters (or at least I haven't seen any reports that they have problems repeating through a particular Zigbee repeater brand or model). The new Aqara devices are not 'sticky' - you can pair them close to HE hub and move to the final destination later. They will pick up a mains-powered device later if needed as a Zigbee repeater. If the picked repeater is down, they will switch to a new one - as all other brands Zigbee devices do.

2 Likes

I find that very interesting. I am assuming the stupid magic cube, their temp/humidity sensor, and their vibration sensors are the old? Since removing those from my mesh my life in HE has gotten so much better.

Yes, these are from the old series... produced for many years now.

i bought this one seems fine but Hubitat dont know what to do with it

You need to identify your device first, and then based on the model and the manufacturer to search for a driver for it.

I believe that newer Aqara/Xiaomi devices that comply with the Zigbee 3.0 spec are generally considered to be ok. It's any of their older devices that didn't adhere to the ZHA 1.2 profile that cause issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.