ML Executing Delay Off When Switch to Disable is Turned On

@bravenel
I'm on 2.3.0.119 version on C5 Hub.

When I use the Switch to Disable Turning on option:

It doesn't execute turning on the lights like it should when there's motion but it still does execute the Delay off portion incorrectly:

Below is the logs showing Delay off is still executing incorrectly when the switch is enabled to disable this ML Rule:

Below is a full view of the ML rule I have setup:

I see the same thing on another ML Rule so I can reproduce this on multiple ML Rules:

I just paused both of these ML rules for now after seeing why these lights were turning off, I had a switch to disable these during Christmas so I can run the lighting outside for Christmas
differently. I just setup these 2 ML rules today which is why it was the first time I noticed this.

If I understand properly, you want the switch to disable both the rule turning on and also turning off - is that accurate?

It looks to me like you setup the switch to disable turning on the rule, but didn’t also set it up to disable it. To disable it, under “Options for Additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off options”, I think you need to select the same switch for the option called “Switch to disable turning off”

If that is correct, I would recommend you give it a try to see if it works for you.

I’m curious if it works… I then to use RM and Basic Rules rather than ML.

1 Like

@Sebastien,

Thanks for the suggestion that fixed it:

Really odd you have to set it 2x to disable the ML rule with another switch, really in my opinion shouldn't have to set it 2x like that but that must be how it has always been designed.

1 Like

I suspect it was setup that way in case you don’t want the light to turn on, but still want it to turn off in the case it was turned on before the trigger stopped it, or if it was turned on manually.

I have a few rules that work that way.

Oh gotcha, that makes more sense now that you mention it. I don't need that in this case but could definitely see where that could be useful.

1 Like