MISSING FEATURE? Room Lighting "scenes" omitted from RM's 'Activate Scene' action

Perhaps of no consequence to most users, it's worth noting that someone casually trying to activate an RL "scene" using Rule Machine might attempt to do so using the "Activate Scenes, Adjust Shades/Blinds or Fans" action, as shown:

However, note the absence of "Scenes" from the "Which Action" drop-down, on a hub with RL installed but not the Groups-2.1/Scenes-2.1 app.

I'm not sure whether to call this a missing feature, since technically one should "activate an RL scene" using its Activator (switch) device. But will most Users anticipate this nuance when creating rules? Should RL "scenes" be executable directly, just as a rule can cause another rule's actions to run?

Discuss.

There are other apps references to "scenes" also, such as Button Controller. It would be nice if you tag a RL device as a Scene to have it show up as a scene in automations.

1 Like

Typically, the inbuilt apps won't offer you selections that are not available on your system. Have you set up any scenes on RL?

Yes, I've only about 10 Scenes, so I've gone ahead and converted them all to RL using the Indicator for Scene set.

1 Like

The "Scenes" referred to in this action have been retired. This particular action will be retired as well. Many Means to Activate a Room Lights automation are available, but "Scenes" is not one of them.

2 Likes