Mira: Driver to "mirror" devices between Hubitat and SmartThings Edge

That's true for me as well.

HubiThings Replica can mirror modes bi-directionally, as well as create new ST Modes.

As @coreystup suggests, which approach you choose (Mira or HubiThings) really comes down to where you are going to put/keep most of your devices. I have devices on both ST and HE, but for now at least the majority remain on ST. If things change, who knows, I may end up running both programs. These two developers have given us all some great options.

1 Like

How does that work? I downloaded that app and it said something about not having a subscription for modes or something like that. I didn't look to close at anything though, it's been a long day and I didn't feel like digging too deep tonight.

And sorry if I'm pulling this off topic, you can pm me if an offline discussion is more appropriate here.

I am interested in testing this driver. My use case is mirroring virtual switches on HE to virtual switches on ST. It's mostly one way communication.

Come on over, we're out of testing and anyone can give it a try.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this will work with the new "station" smartThings hub? Looks like that hub will support most BUT z-wave. But that shouldn't matter really using Mirra, because Mirra is just creating mirrored buttons that relate back to the device in HE? Somewhat more or less "triggers" for the event to occur in HE?
If thats not correct thinking, I apologize. I am admittedly ignorant to the finer details with protocols.

I am basically looking for the cheapest way to integrate HE devices into ST because I just got a galaxy watch 4 which is native with ST capabilities. My vehicle also has Android Auto which has ST capabilities. Does not look like there is a way to do this without some type of ST Hub.

Thanks - DrumBum

Hello. I'm currently using Mira to integrate ST and HE. If you still want testers, you can ping me to try a few things. Working decently so far, except it's hard to reconnect after a power failure.

Its full beta now, so let me know any issues.

As far as after a power outage, I could see a couple issues:

• If you don't have both ST and HE hubs being assigned static IP addresses, if they change after a reboot/power outage, there could be a staging problem if one hub is available before the other.
  • Whenever the driver restarts on the ST side (reboot, power outage, refresh, driver code update, etc) it will re-register with HE its IP and port that its listening on. If HE isn't available during this time, I could see where it would be out of sync.

If you see things not communicating across you can always refresh the Mira device by swiping down on its details page. That will re-register the current address and resync all devices.

I may add some additional logic so that if HE isn't available when ST comes up then it at least retries for some period of time. Right now it only tries once and if its not listening, gives up and waits for a manual refresh or another driver restart.

1 Like

It should run on the new hub, as it supports the Edge environment.

Mira doesn't understand anything about zwave or zigbee. It creates virtual devices on the ST side that mirror either physical or virtual devices on the HE side.

Exactly that: HE boots slower than ST. I was remote and refreshing Mira didn't work. My IPs are static. What i had to do was to change the IP configured on my mira device on ST to a bogus IP and back. That worked.

Now I have my ST hub on a ZigBee outlet controlled by HE. You know... just showing who's the boss!

I had similar problem with Mira after my hubs (ST & Hubitat) rebooted due to a power failure. Refreshing Mira on ST did not work. Deleting and re-entering the Mira device configuration fixed the problem.

I have an update in alpha testing that should address the connection issue with Hubitat, usually caused when both hubs reboot at the same time. Mira will now retry connecting to Hubitat instead of just failing if its unavailable.

There is also new support for water valves and garage door opener devices.

Should be going to the production channel in a few days if all tests well.

3 Likes

Hello, I just implemented this and the first thing I moved was a Thermostat Controller and a couple of temp sensors. The temp sensors are working fine, but the Thermostat Controller isn't. I brought over the physical thermostat and a virtual thermostat, and those are working fine. Could this have something to do with the device type being "Thermostat Controller" as opposed to "Virtual Thermostat" or "Thermostat"?

Aside from that it's working great. I appreciate the work you did here, thank you.

Yep, its not seeing that as an available type to map from. What attributes does your Thermostat Controller provide?

It has a lot of the same attributes, if not all of the same, as the virtual thermostat.

• controlOffset
  • coolingSetpoint
  • heatingSetpoint
  • hysteresis
  • supportedThermostatFanModes
  • supportedThermostatModes
  • switch
  • temperature
  • thermostatFanMode
  • thermostatMode
  • thermostatOperatingState
  • thermostatSetpoint

Just as an FYI, this is for the built-in thermostat controller app, so anyone that is using that app will have this same issue.

Thermostat Controller | Hubitat Documentation

It's no longer an issue for me, since I've decided to go in a different direction but wanted to let you know that it should be easy enough to test if you're interested in making an update to Mira.

1 Like

I'm very interested to test Mira. Can you send me the link to dowload it please.

If you'd like to try Mira, check us out at Mira: Hubitat to SmartThings hub integration Edge driver - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community.

1 Like

I installed the driver and it worked perfectly, yesterday the power went out and everything went offline. What do I do?

A kind of off-topic question - how can I disable the "Your hub is disconnected" / "Your hub is connected" notifications that I receive from my SmartThings app (iOS) ?

I want to keep all other notifications, but disable this particular one (most probably Samsung is updating again my ST hub without asking me ..)

I asked this over in the ST thread as well but since I can't tell which is monitored more closely:

What's the word on RGBW bulbs? I have a stack of Sengled color bulbs and they seem to mirror fine but only have temperature and brightness control (which I thought was odd, I wasn't expecting anything but on/off and maybe level). Is this an open source project that I could pontentially try to contribute some work to get these working? The color control isn't family friendly in the app so keeping them in the ST app would solve a lot of complications for me.