Minoston MP20Z Only Showing Only One Switch

Just purchased a Minoston MP20Z Z-Wave Smart Plug (2 Channel). It added to Hubitat and switched device to "EVA LOGIK Smart Plug" but it only shows one switch. How can I show two switches.

Thanks

Hello and welcome, I don't own that particular device, but have several zigbee/z-wave plug devices with 2 plugs. Often only one is controlled and the other outlet is always on. Leading to only one outlet showing for the hub control.
Second I don't see that device on the compatible devices list. There maybe a community developed driver, if so you can search it on here.

According to the literature, it is dual control.

Dual Z-Wave Outlets:Control your home applications with 2 individually outlets. You do not have to turn on/off 2 devices when you only want to turn one of them.

You might also try the Inovelli NZW37 driver. I think it is OEM'ed by the same manufacturer. The trouble is, these devices often run firmware that is different from company to company, even though at some level they appear identical.

Double edit: be sure to hit the Configure button when switching drivers.

Thanks but Inovelli driver did not work. Is there a Generic Z-Wave Dual Switch driver available that I can add to Hubitat?

I am not sure.

Wonder if it is related to this?

post a screenshot of the Data section.

Screen shot for data section.

@bcopeland, is there a driver that will work with those clusters posted above?

And is this device affected by the same thing as the Inovelli linked above?

I actually have one coming in.. Curiosity got the better of me

2 Likes

I have two of these now (they are awesome) and equally had some trouble getting it to include with both channels correctly. Here's what worked for me, I hope it works for you...

1. Exclude it if you have it paired as one channel.
  2. Factory reset the Minoston by holding down the button while you plug in for at least 3 seconds.
  3. Unplug it, replug it, it should be blinking and ready to include
  4. Turn on inclusion mode and the hub should find it.
  5. I UNCHECKED all the security choices when it paired, nothing should be checked.
  6. It'll still ask to confirm some long number, just click OK.
  7. It'll recognize it as an EVA LOGIC on the pairing page. Give it a name, save, and go back to devices page. It should have both channels!
5 Likes

Thanks randper, it was a bit different on my unit to do the factory reset. I got it installed per your instructions otherwise and have the two child channels. Thanks again.

1 Like

For those who were silly like me and thought it was only working as both-on/both-off.

Once you've paired the device, there should be two child-devices created marked as left/right. I totally missed these, both times I paired it.

I know that jerryjjansen mentioned having child devices, but I must admit that I completely overlooked this point.

...of course I could be the only one that missed this. :smiley:

2 Likes