Migration to c8

I'll be changing from my C7 to C8 soon and was wondering if I needed to do anything with my connections to yolink hub.
Are there any changes I need to make to the yolink, wiz or echo speaks apps? Or will everything transfer without adjustments?

The hub documentation article on migrating to a new hub covers this. Pay particular attention to the parts about LAN and cloud based integrations.

Yes I have this. I'm not sure about the LAN parts

So reading this again I only need to update the echo skill and Hubitat mobile app. I'm no longer using Google home or ifttt.

"Other cloud integrations may be tied your hub ID (which is different for each hub) and require additional action:"

Does this mean the wiz and yolink apps?

Would setting the C8 to the same IP as the old C7
eliminate the need for changes?

Yes.

Echo speaks (which is what you mentioned in OP) isn’t the same as the built-in echo skill (which is what’s mentioned in the documentation article).

However, you’ll definitely need to reconfigure your echo speaks cookie refresh server so that it points to your new hub’s cloud endpoint.

I don’t know much about how wiz or yolink integrate with Hubitat. But if they connect to Hubitat through the cloud, then they will need to be reconfigured, and setting your new hub to the same local IP address as your old hub won’t make a difference in that respect.

How do I reconfigure echo speaks? Can you point me to the directions.

Reviewing the thread you previously started when setting up echo speaks might help:

Thanks, thought I saved the instructions and didn't think about looking up the post.

1 Like