Migration from c5 to c7 to a different house but I am an admin

Sorry for the long post but I am lost. I purchased a C-8 and migrated my C-7 to it with cloud backups,,, no problem. My son has a C-5 that I set up for him a couple of years ago so I am an admin on his account. I tried to migrate his C-5 To my old C-7 but it wouldn't show me his cloud backups. so I migrated with a local file that I downloaded and then uploaded to the C-7 everything looked like it went good. all of his devices and automations showed up on the c-7 but nothing worked, things said they were turning off and on but nothing was working, I unplugged the c-7 and went back to the c-5 and all is working. Do I have to somehow get it off my email and onto his even tho I am an admin? I think I have tried everything but that and couldn't see how to get it off my email and onto his.
Thanks

The "Free" migration is to a C-8.. not a C-7.

The "Free" cloud backup will only be visible to a C-8.

The migration path for a C-5 to a C-7 is via HubProtect, and remember, it doesn't migrate Zigbee.

2 Likes

ya it probably migrated allyour devices which were happily doing stuff but if you look in the zigbee or zwave areas there is nothing..

yea not looking for free, I have protect subscriptions on all of them

As long as you are the admin of the C5, you should be able to see cloud backups from your C7, assuming you didn't de-register the C7 as preparation of gifting your hub. So be sure the same admin is on both hubs.

As for local backups, only the hub's database is restored that includes settings, apps, custom code and drivers. The data stored on the radios that is displayed on Z-Wave and Zigbee Details page is only saved in a cloud backup, so the hub only knows about devices that have been previously connected directly to that particular hub.

1 Like

on his hub I am a guest admin, do I need to be THE admin? I did try to switch THE admin to me but it throws up some kind of error that the subscription would need to be canceled before I can switch main admins
Thanks for getting back to me

Yup, must be same admin. The error is there because the admin pays for the subscription. If you would change the admin, the subscription wouldn't transfer to new account, and the old admin would still be on the hook. When the subscription renews and the old admin would get charged he/she wouldn't be able to cancel or even know where the charge came from.

thanks I will see what I can do, but I am pretty sure I have paid for all the subscriptions. I will check when I get time in the next few days, thanks again

You can create a case by visiting the following page and we will help you sort it out:

ok

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.