Just wanted to say thanks. My C-8 came today, and the migration was fairly painless. I'd outlined the steps I expected to follow yesterday. Today the migration took longer than it might have because I was very careful and went through the steps very methodically. But I didn't run into many issues. Some of my steps:
- I disabled every app and device that was vaguely LAN or cloud connected.
- I made sure to update to 18.104.22.168 before doing the cloud backup.
- When the backup was done, I shut the hub down. Then I changed the reserved IP to DHCP and rebooted my router so it would pick up that change.
- When the C-8 came up, the first thing I did was to change it to reserved IP with the same IP as the old hub had previously.
- I had to register the hub before the update would show up. But once it did the migration went very smoothly.
- When the C-8 came back up, I enabled all of the devices and apps that had been disabled before. I hit "done" in the apps.
- I had to tweak the following:
Geofency - tweaked the web hook
iOS app - selected the new hub
virtual Harmony Hub - pressed "get current activity" to reconnect
IFTTT - logged out and logged back in to select new hub
- Everything else — Alexa, HomeKit, Ecobee, Ecowitt — just worked.
So far, so good. Everything is still working, and I expect it will continue to. [fingers crossed] Everything is very fast and responsive, and I'm very happy.
So thanks for a relatively painless migration, with just enough tweaks needed to keep the process interesting.