Migrating from Vera Lite

I really like the analogy to ripping off a bandaid. :slight_smile:

Well. That is what I decided to do. I unplugged my Vera and removed the connections from my wired alarm system to the Vera. It is the lack of Alarm integration that has prevented me from moving away from my old Vera Lite and old Vera software.

As I expected, getting my old (non Plus) Z-wave devices Excluded and Included into the HE has been painful. And I have learned that my old devices do not support being Included going through other Z-wave devices, and need to be near the HE. And then I discovered that I needed to run the Z-Wave Polling app so that these old devices would show their status on my Dashboard.

On the plus side I have realized 2 things about moving to HE that I am really happy about.

1. The HE hardware and software are really great. Very intuitive and easy to use. The Hubitat Technical Support is fantastic.
  2. The Hubitat community is awesome. I have made several posts that have been responded to quickly, and with very helpful information. I have also made a number of Searches that resulted in my finding the solution to several questions. With Vera, I would get no responses, or responses from Developers that were so cryptic that they were not that helpful. The world of Hubitat seems to include actual caring and helpful people.
4 Likes