Migrating from Homeseer

Your point is valid and I agreed with it. However my point was more simple. Zigbee is growing/maturing and it's not perfect on any system. The problem is what "standad" are the devices conforming to? From a consumer perspective they see the word "ZigBee" and OH IT MUST WORK... well no.. not exactly. If it conforms to the ZHA standard then most likely but not always, and Vera ZigBee support just plain sucks really.

Hubitat, ST and Wink have the best Zigbee support today that is not in contest. So good in fact that I reached out to HE team about doing a integration to bridge HS3 and HE and lets just say they weren't thrilled about it...

deCONZ can run headless on Linux but not on Windows yet...

I agree Zigbee just aint quite there.. I'm running deconz and m2qtt all on the same linux box with HomeSeer and Home Assistant just to mess with.

Just seems z-wave works better and causes me less problems but the zigbee sensors are just ok and the wife only notices when those act up. Lol

I have found through a lot of testing that ZigBee motion sensors are far faster in response times to any Z-wave sensor. If someone can point me to a Z-Wave sensor that is as fast as a ZigBee motion sensor I would buy several immediately!!! In the meantime I continue testing ZigBee integrations hoping to find "the one"... I think I'm just going to have to write a direct ZigBee plugin though.

And this is why I have several of the iris motion sensors and one of the iris contact sensors cause there Fast. These are on the zigbee2mqtt and the osram gardenspot lights outside are on the deconz system..

So you say that zigbee2mqtt supports the iris sensors eh? Old ones or new ones? I've been pushing for deCONZ to support the NYCE sensors (which I love) and it's in progress but slow going. The info is there an deCONZ sees them but Phoscon doesn't do anything with them yet so I can't get them to JowieHue yet.... so I'm still running them off the Vera plus for now...

But I may now have a reason to go buy up the remaining Iris motion sensors that I can find.

I have the 3326-L Motion and the 3320-L Contact Sensors. These are Version 2's from what I can tell..

I looked at those NYCE and like the shape of them..

Very nice indeed... time to go shopping!

I really like the NYCE Ceiling motion sensor. Super fast and discreet. Somewhat over sensitive as it has a very broad coverage area but I don't mind. They are great for entry motion sensors for lights.

The NYCE Curtain is the only curtain sensor I've found of any flavor (z-wave or zigbee). They are great for narrow beam uses like a hallway or very specific entry ways where you don't want to catch things in the surrounding area.

I ordered the zigbee2mqtt setup from MCS so I'll have that to play with in a few days... along with the deconz and smartenit and other usb sticks :slight_smile: