Migrating *from* C-8 *to* C-7

Incidentally, these problems don't apply to Z-Wave. Z-Wave radios can be backed up and restored -- just not Zigbee.

1 Like

A point of clarification for me? Can you "migrate" from a C8 recent cloud backup to a new C8? I guess I don't understand why that would be different from the C7 to C8 migration I recently performed.

Hey everyone, I was wrong above. Mea culpa.

@mike.maxwell worked out a method where a Zigbee cloud backup will work, even after some time. The hub updates the counter beyond where the device counter should actually be, for normal devices. So these devices will not have to be re-joined after a backup.

13 Likes

Don't you hate it when your team goes out and exceeds expectations to prove you wrong. :rofl:

Excellent work @mike.maxwell !!

5 Likes

Thanx for clearing everything up. You guys have done such a fantastic job on everything with the C8... Also appreciate your direct involvement in things as the Prez in charge to make sure we all understand what's up... :slight_smile: Now get yerself some burbon, it's 5 o'clock somewhere

3 Likes

The moral of this story is purchase Hub Protect and do a cloud backup when lightning and thunder are on the way.

1 Like

This sounds counter "intuitive".......crickets....

I'll show myself out now....

Is this zigbee restore "tweak" part of a hub software update?

It's in the 2.3.4 and later releases.

2 Likes

Awesome sauce :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.