Migrating from a C-5 to a C-7

But for those facing the prospect of dealing with that situation, not an insurmountable hurdle, given enough time and support from people like us....

2 Likes

:+1:

The really annoying thing is, privacy issues notwithstanding the industry markets Home Automation solutions as quick and simple which can fool the consumer into thinking they can easily DIY.

Given my experiences with X10, then SmartThings and now HE (and HA) this is definitely NOT the case. A fair amount of understanding is required in order to go beyond the simple "lights on/off on a schedule" setup.

This can understandably lead to consumer frustration and resentment. Like you mentioned it's really nice that those of us with said experiences are able to help those who need it in this community and also helping out Hubitat, Inc. support personnel in the process.

4 Likes

Agreed, and I think a quote from the original post illustrates this perfectly, whether it is coming from that same user-base or not, you are right @erktrek that there is a level of assumed knowledge in various aspects of IT that is not part of the general public's knowledge...

@Krishna - With all the commentary on the state of the HA industry, you are in the right place... part of a forum that is bursting with those willing to help you with any and all problems you may face, as much as they should not have existed in the first place.

3 Likes

Does that I mean I got my original post wrong, does the C-4 use 64-bit and C-5 - C-7 use 32-bit?

1 Like

Yep!

ok, will update my post.... If I can find my reference to this... Let's just say that all C-4's run 32-bit and C-5+ run 64-bit, but that doesn't make them better....

The reverse of that! :wink:

2 Likes

Let's just say 32- vs 64-bit is debatable... Probably not worthy of consideration for migration from C-5 to C-7....

1 Like

aatechnicallycorrect

4 Likes

Like anything in IT, an animated argument always wins....

2 Likes

Actually, yes, that was helpful!

1 Like

Aint that the truth. HE is so much more complicated than Wink, but then I can do so much more with HE. I've had a lot of frustration with HE, but lots of triumphs, too. I wouldn't want to go back to Wink or anything "simpler," and yet I yearn for more user friendliness....

4 Likes