Migrated to C8 and Alexa doesn't work

After migrating from C7 to C8 per recommended process, Alexa has stopped working. I removed the app and reinstalled it and Alexa still isn't working. Any thoughts on what to check or do?

Uninstall the hubitat skill through Alexa app

When I did my migration(s) I had go go into the Alexa app and go to the devices page, fiddle around a bit, and stuff started working.

1 Like

Should not have removed the app. The Alexa app moves over with the migration pretty easily. In fact I do not think I had to do anything. I went in and tested a couple of devices on/off and they worked.

If you have not done a ton of other work on the hub you may want to do the restore again to get that app back to avoid further issues.

If you removed the app from Hubitat and reinstalled it and want to continue on that path, you will probably need to go into the Alexa mobile app, go to the Hubitat skill and re-authorize it. You may need to "disable" and then enable it again to do this. This may cause all of your devices to be removed and then added back again, losing all your room configurations (I am not sure if this will happen or not, I am not about to test it).

4 Likes

No guts, no glory.

2 Likes

It is possible that your hub name changed.
The Hubitat skill in Alexa just needs to point to the new hub.
Disable the skill (in ALexa), re-enable and link, then choose your hub,

1 Like

Disabling and re-enabling does not remove the devices in Alexa.
It will however do a discovery after you re-enable the skill.

2 Likes

I uninstalled the skill and then it wouldn't let me reinstall it. I had to go into Hub info and register my email address to the new hub and then reboot it. It worked after that,

I seem to have the same issue,
?Where is this Hub info you need to register?

Did you register the new hub to the same email/account as the one one? That is what the last user is talking about I believe. Otherwise if you go into the Alexa app, disable the Hubitat skill, then enable it again you will be able to select which hub to connect to after logging in.

I came to this thread having a similar issue. Here is what I discovered:

Since I was planing to change my protect status from the old hub to new, I did not change the name Hubitat assigned to the new hub: “Oldname (new).” Alexa was linked to my “Oldname” Hub.

The fix was easy. I went to the Hubitat skill on the Alexa app, disabled the skill, then reenabled it using my Hubitat login. That gave me the option to choose the hub. I chose the “Oldname (new)” hub, and all the other settings were preselected for me to confirm.

I suspect that if you changed the name of the new hub to match the old you might not need to go through these steps.

Migrated from C7 to C8 - disabled skill for Hubitat in Alexa - enabled, logged into Hubitat, chose the new hub which it accepted. None of my Alexa devices or groups are working. Turned back uo my C7 and reenabled Hubitat in Alexa, selected my old hub and everything works. So something is obviously not working when I point it at the newly migrated C-8. Any ideas on fixes? I’ve even deleted a couple devices from Alexa and she doesn’t add them back when I do a new device discovery with Alexa. After it connects Alexa says she can’t find any new devices to connect. Let me know if any has any thoughts.