Migrated. Few items left

Migration from ST with a full house went smoother than I had imagined. Wish I would have done it sooner. Took 1 day to spreadsheet/plan and 1.5 to get 65 physical devices with a toddler “helping” :). ST is almost offline. Could use a couple pointers for the last...

Drivers/Apps

1. Simple things moved to RM. still todo are the more complex logic that needs broken down into linked rules and triggers. However, I would prefer just writing with groovy.
    I’d like to become efficient with HE groovy use. Both for custom needs instead of a logic engine and to be more active in creating my own device solutions to fill the gaps for me/others. What’s the best way to attack for a very experienced programmer with no groovy/platform abstraction? Groovy basics, couple of HE examples, review a public driver that was ported from ST, then start tackling what I need starting with easiest?

Remaining Device Drivers (or recommendations for replacement)

1. Honeywell TCC WiFi. Looks like ifttt, custom cloud required OR buy something (?) that has a local API. I don’t “need” a smart thermostat because I have my own custom logic that works for us.
  2. Nokia/Withings Sleep Sensors as a bed sensor. Ifttt and then need to explore the API options.
  3. FortrezZ Flood Sensor (new model). I need this for attic due to high temp specs. I’ll need to start from scratch unless someone knows of a similar item that I can modify.
  4. CAO Gadgets WirelessTag sensor hub for cigar humidity sensors. No local option. Port from ST-Swanny’s ST.
  5. Aeotec Smart Water Sensor 6 as battery and Leak only (no other features). Port from smartthings generic z-wave? I could use a different one but the battery life on these are amazing and the sensors are top notch.
  6. Aeotec HEM Gen5 as power only for dryer with frequency of report control. Think I spotted a customized non v1 driver.
  1. Econet Bulldog water valve control. Not sure yet
  2. DSC Envisalink. Using the recently released app. But I have a smoke, CO, and glass break I’d like to find a solution for.
  3. Smartenit zigbee dual relay for Outlet box.

Appreciate how help and recommendations

1 Like

Personally I chose to replace my TCC thermostat with one that's locally controllable. There's a community developed driver that goes directly from Hubitat -> TCC Cloud, but I couldn't use that one because it doesn't have the ability to set Permanent Hold. So I used IFTTT as the intermediary. Problem is that something in the Hubitat -> IFTTT -> TCC Cloud -> Thermostat link would fail occasionally and my mode-based setpoints would not make it to the thermostat. I suspect it was the TCC Cloud to Thermostat link judging by the number of errors I saw in my TCC dashboard, but never took the time to verify that. Finally replaced with a Centralite Pearl since the original goal was local automation anyway.

I use the same community developed driver but my needs are at the lowest possible level. Twice a year, I need to switch between cool and heat. That's it :slight_smile:

I've tried clicking the buttons and they do seem to work, just don't need them. Also, since the driver doesn't do somethings.. I don't notice their absence. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WhAt local options are supported? I saw zen and you mentioned the centralite.

If you have any suggestions on the other devices or groovy approach, I’m all ears!

I ported their official ST one from there website easily, I can share if needed

I’d appreciate the share! One less so I can help me/others with the other items.

1 Like

No worries I'll post it in the morning I need to copy it over on my PC :slight_smile:

Edit: I've copied it to here

2 Likes

Nicely done. Personally, this will be helpful for me just to see what pre and post ported required.

On the Honeywell TCC Wifi, I think I'm just going to go cloud with it. There really aren't great options without tradeoffs. I use it in a dumb fasion...it's heavily automated by rules\app, but it still offers manual control that people in my house won't scoff at.

The next remaining challenge is the FortrezZ Flood Sensor (FTS05). That's the only on spec'd for Attic temps. I couldn't find a predicate smartthings device that was obviously similar so I may need to dig a bit more on which ST driver is most similar and just start to work out the details.

I think beyond that, I really getting up to speed on groovy and HE specific driver\app structure to conquer the remaining challenges before I'll be running on a single hub...

Installed the driver.
Works great.
Thanks!

Did you ever get this sorted out? I have one I'd like to use with the HE...