Migrate Webcore from "User" to newly built-in app?

So happy to see Webcore becoming an official built in app. Former Smartthings user here, and love Webcore. What's the migration path from the "User" webcore app to the forthcoming built-in app? Will all pistons automagically migrate or will there be a manual process?

4 Likes

I would like to understand the Web for migration from the add on/user app to the Built-in app as well. I have many rules and I would like to make sure that they will be ported over correctly.

Came here looking for this answer as well, same situation here.

1 Like

Bobby's reply on the topic.

Actually, that's not true (what Bobby wrote). You will need to load pistons into the built-in app once you get it...

2 Likes

If you have the webCoRE running already, there is no advantage to transition to the built-in app. The seamless migration I mentioned before, didn't make sense to be implemented, as it could create more problems for existing users.

The upcoming built-in app is for new users who don't already have webCoRE running on Hubitat Elevation. It will allow them to get pistons imported from other platforms or create new pistons effortlessly.

2 Likes

That answers me previous post but... :slight_smile:
Where to the updates come from? The built-in app would be from the Hubitat build (I assume) but will we be updating via HPM/nh.shottfam code as usual?

1 Like

If you convert to the built-in app, you can reload your pistons into it, and be done with the user version. The whole point being that the updates will be automatic in a hub update, and you won't need to deal with webCoRE updates with HPM separately going forward.

Will device IDs or whatever under the covers ID remain the same....so if I import my pistons to the built-in Webcore that it will re-associate all my devices properly (for a seamless restore)?

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Happy Holidays and new year.

1 Like

@bobbyD

I'm a little confused about this statement.

1. Should we migrate to the built-in application?
  2. If yes, how do we do this?
  3. What are the differences, advantages and disadvantages between the two deployments?

Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks!

No differences now, or going forward. Advantage is that updates to source code will come automatically with the platform releases. The process of switching from user to built in is the same as the process of coming from other platforms to Hubitat (backup pistons, install built-in, load backup).

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Will we still be required to enter our hub-specific "Authenticate" password when launching the built-in version of WebCoRE, as we currently must for the user version?

If not, that change alone would convince me to switch over.

you do need to authenticate (typically once) when you connect the webCoRE ide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.