Migrate options with dead c7

My C7 is apparently dead, I can get to port 8081 diagnostic page but soft reset never responds, I can download local backup but have no cloud backup of the device. I bought a C8 and could restore the local backup but that leaves my zwave devices orphaned. Should I just reset and reload all the devices into the c8 or is than an easier path ?

Thanks,
Steve

What is the hub's LED color?

If you can reach the diagnostic tool, all may not be lost yet.

Tagging @support_team

The LED is blue

Blue may mean it's not able to reach the Internet to download an update. It's not the #1 answer but it's on the list of possibles. You can go into the Diagnostic menu and try clicking Download Latest Version. If it comes back with:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 12.19.01 PM
then the internet may be ok.

1 Like

Can you try rebooting your router, then the hub?

1 Like

Thanks...

I don't seem to be able to load a screen shot.

but "download latest" says it is "already downloaded" and then restore previous says "could not fetch availabe versions" followed by error.

current version is 2.3.5.138, latest downloaded is 2.3.5.146.

I would think internet is OK since the new C8 is working, but I will reboot the router.

Router has been rebooted, and I have rebooted the c7 after the router came back up.

C7 still stuck at blue light. No difference in download or restore from what was described.

what is the version of the diagnostics tool? The latest version 1.1.113 - if it is an older version, you may have to update that first.

1 Like

It is 1.1.113 already.

1 Like

You might want to try what @bobbyD recommended in this post:

1 Like

You should be able to share screenshots now. Also check notifications. I am sending a PM to get more details.

These were the two screen shots

The Factory Recover gave me an "Are you sure" popup but then didn't see to do anything.

Thank you for your assistance yesterday. I have manually added the devices I need to the new hub and will not pursue any further troubleshooting with the non-working hub.

Cheers.
Steve