Migrate from HomeBridge

Following up: the lack of eligibility of Hub Mesh devices for HomeKit is (still) intentional. The docs were already changed to mention this shortly after the above, and as noted there, it is, of course, still possible to share them (if they are otherwise compatible) from the original hub.

3 Likes

Iā€™m using IP3M-956W cameras, there at least five years old.

Just to confirm, once this is done, all devices that were brought into HomeKit via Hubitat have to be reorganized into their correct rooms in the home right? I'm assuming this move will just dump all devices into some random existing room in the Home app and you have to move them all one by one.

1 Like

Scrypted is awesome!

1 Like

Yes, they will look like "new" devices to HomeKit.
Honestly I would just stick with Homebridge unless you are having issues with it, or want to get rid of the server hosting it. You could also try moving just a few devices over at first to test out the system integration before going full bore.

1 Like

Not having any issues with Homebridge, but somehow having a "middleman" in there is bugging me. Like just adding another point of failure. The Homebridge is running on my Synology NAS as a Docker container and if that ever goes down, itll take all my Z-Wave devices with it which are quite a few. Ill still use Homebridge, but for other devices.

Setup Uptime-Kuma on your NAS for extra peace of mind. I get alerts right to my phone if any of my systems go down. Love it.

3 Likes

I did the migration. Works great. Same as HomeBridge. And yes, as @jtp10181 said, they will all look like new devices. Reassigning them to the proper place was fast. IF you have a Mac, do it from the Home app there, as it's a lot faster to do with a mouse/trackpad. Honestly, using Home on a Mac is one of the best reasons to use HomeKit.

1 Like

Wonderful suggestion, I do have a MacBook Pro 14, so I will definitely be using that. Thanks!

1 Like

Great suggestion nice product !!