Migrate from c5 to c7 (pairing of devices)

That’s ok.

And I don’t agree with you based on their own product/subscription definition. Do you see a hierarchy of benefits? In fact, extended warranty is last on the feature list, not first.

1 Like

It is a warranty service; z-wave transfer is ancillary to that. How many extended warranties do you know that transfer to the new product, when the old product is still functional?

I have AppleCare on my iPhone. If I purchase a new iPhone (my choice), should my AppleCare transfer to the new iPhone? In reality, it doesn't. Same deal.

Where does it state that the order of the stated benefits indicates the order of their precedence?

With AppleCare you can cancel the old plan and get a pro-rated refund on the old device, so that example doesn’t really work here.

No one is being stopped from selling their old functional hubs. And in any event, my opinion, or anyone else's doesn't matter. Hub Protect is structured not to transfer unless the new hub is a warranty replacement.

Where does it state it is primarily an extended warranty service with ancillary benefits? I mean, come on, I understand your argument, it’s just full of holes and you’re acting like it’s written in stone.

Plenty. I purchased an extended warranty from the manufacturer for my hybrid 3 years after owning it.

Good question. Here's one example:

1. I don't see any holes in the position taken by Hubitat staff (as in the post linked to above).
  2. Again, anyone can have any opinion they desire. Doesn't change what Hubitat states Hub Protect to be.
  3. It is perfectly possible to migrate from a C-5 to a C-7 without purchasing Hub Protect, isn't it?

More than one.

Buried in a forum post? Uhhh.