MicroG anyone?

If an issue has been “referred to engineering” I think it implies that the support representative has reached the limit of what they can do to try to help a customer resolve an issue, and some lower level, platform change would have to occur first. I don't think it means, "it's going right to the top of the to-do list."

Depending on the details, it might be a quick fix, a difficult one (or even impossible/impractical), near the top of the list of priorities, or near the bottom.

If it hasn't been addressed by the engineering team yet, is it preferable to receive periodic updates that clarify, "there is no update?" I would imagine some people might find that reassuring, others might just get annoyed.

2 Likes

I personally use Pushover for my notifications. Works perfect and instantly. Best few bucks I spent on a mobile app. Easy to integrate and utilize in all my automations that require notifications. Also provides me a very extensive history log of notifications and errors I monitor.

I have microG on my old Tab S2 running LineageOS. I can fire it up, get latest release of microG and test out what you need with the app. PM me and I can work on it tomorrow afternoon for yah.

1 Like

Thanks @garz and appreciate the offer. There's clearly something problematic between the app and my CalyxOS and/or MicroG config. I ended up using the Telegram solution that some are using and thus far it seems to resolve the issue for me. interesting to note that the Telegram FOSS app must keep an overall live notification running (on all Android 8+ devices) to ensure notifications are delivered. When I disabled the "placeholder notification," I no longer received Telegram notifications.
Have since enabled it and all working just fine. Explained here: Telegram-FOSS/Notifications.md at master · Telegram-FOSS-Team/Telegram-FOSS · GitHub

I'm just using the play/aurora store version, so I don't have to deal with that. Keep in mind that the one of the main selling points of MicroG is to avoid using Google servers for push. I don't know much about the underlying code of the official version of Telegram, so that's something else to consider.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.