Meter Device Error - C7 Hub, Groovy exception

It looks like Metering devices are not workin properly with the C7 hub. Firmware 2.2.3.142.
Specifically, Zooz Zen25 double plug. The errors which (repeatedly) show in the logs are of the form shown below:

dev:692020-09-01 09:10:56.704 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: zoozDoublePlug.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.supervisionv1.SupervisionGet, java.lang.Short) values: [SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:25, commandLength:10, commandClassIdentifier:50, commandIdentifier:2, commandByte:[33, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]), ...] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), wait(), run(), reset(), run(), grep() (parse)

dev:692020-09-01 09:10:51.265 pm infoGarage Outlet - Double Plug current is 2.12A

dev:692020-09-01 09:10:45.208 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: zoozDoublePlug.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.supervisionv1.SupervisionGet, java.lang.Short) values: [SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:23, commandLength:10, commandClassIdentifier:50, commandIdentifier:2, commandByte:[161, 74, 0, 213, 0, 0, 0, 213]), ...] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), wait(), run(), reset(), run(), grep() (parse)

dev:692020-09-01 09:10:38.503 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: zoozDoublePlug.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.supervisionv1.SupervisionGet, java.lang.Short) values: [SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:22, commandLength:10, commandClassIdentifier:50, commandIdentifier:2, commandByte:[161, 34, 4, 201, 0, 0, 4, 201]), ...]

1 Like

I see the problem.. Adding to the list, thanks for reporting this.

2 Likes

You're welcome - as further FYI - this seems like a pretty severe problem - maybe a coincidence, but entire network of Zwave seems to have stopped functioning after adding this device.

Meant to ask - I assumed this problem may be present in all metering devices, so I haven't added any others until there is an initial fix for this one. However, if you think it helpful, I could test out some others metering devices (i.e., non-Zooz ones). I know you have many bugs you're working on - but is there any chance of an update to address this this week - its knocked out all my outdoor lighting, so I'm looking forward to a fix. Thanks.

This isn’t a meter problem, it’s a supervision problem in the context of how the driver was written.

And I actually have one of these devices arriving tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you! The other device I have which I just can't seem to get working right is the Inovelli Fan/Light Switch (Red Series Fan + Light Switch (Z-Wave) - Inovelli). Neither the built-in Inovellin Fan/Light driver, nor the one on Inovelli's github site seems to work right. Its the only 700 series device I have and assume you may be still working through 700 series bugs - I thought I'd wait until after the next firmware update and try it again. Maybe they can send you one for testing? Its unfortunate that the C7 hub / firmware seems a bit buggy right now, but its nice to see how responsive you and Hubitat are trying to be in addressing the problems and with rolling out patches (each time, it seems to get a bit better)!.

Was this fixed in the latest (2.2.3.145)? The release notes didn't say so, but I upgraded to 2.2.3.145 last night and then added the Zen25 back and I no longer saw the Groovy error, but the metering data was repeating again-and-again; so I removed the Zen25 again. Then, this morning, I added the Zen25 back and it seems to be working OK.

The one thing I think may have happened - last night, when all the metering reports were repeating, I may have had the Zen25 added using S2. This morning, I have it with "None" as the security.

So, the point here is that if you are still looking into this and I just "got lucky" with getting the Zen25 to work, you may need to check both with and without S2.

Thanks!

Any luck with the Zen25 - i.e., is a fix possibly coming in the next firmware update? I'm still getting the problem of errors and repeating power reports. Thanks.

@bcopeland Just looing for an update - Did you ever receive the Zen25 and any luck on a solution -- i.e., has the problem of multiple events been identified (or at least reproduced in lab) and is any solution in sight?
Thanks!

+1 similar to @jvm33 waiting on a fix

Yes.. This is fixed in 2.2.4

3 Likes

Any expected release date for 2.2.4?

3 Likes

Is there an estimated release date for 2.2.4?

Any chance of getting out a hotfix for this and other errors (unless 2.2.4 is imminent)? I'm getting severe slowdowns and I suspect this error, and the "repeated event" error (or others) are causing havoc with my system.

@bcopeland - it seems 2.2.4 is not coming any time soon - I assume t here are a lot of new features being packed into it taking some time - but what about providing a hotfix for the many bugs in 2.2.3 including this one?

We are way past the point of releasing any more hotfixes for 2.2.3.
Preparing a hot fix for 2.2.3 at this point would just delay 2.2.4...

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.