Mesh analyzer solving a lot of issues

ok stick on order.. has anyone tried it with a c7 especially s2 since it is older i doubt it will support that hopefully it will be able to sniff all not encrypted ie non-secure traffic anyway.. Does anyone know of an s2/secure sniffer?

Zniffer will do S2 sniffing BUT you have to capture the key to enter the key.

1 Like

i really just need it to see which devices are sending too much data that i am not seeing in the hub to improve my network issues.. i believe at times the network is getting spammed causing issues even though my logs are fairly quiet. So either i will need more extenders or wired devices (i doubt it as already have like 4 extenders on each floor) or i will have to swap out some devices.

Ive had 12 months of z-wave lock ups on c5 ( no issues with ST) , tried zniffing but couldn't see anything. Decided to swap out my z-wave devices slowly, touch wood, after removing a fibro double switch module I've not had any issues.......
It was one of the 1st devices I put on HE and it joined fine 1st time. It was on of the physically furthest and when zniffing a lot of devices went though it, they just seam to pick silly routes

1 Like

This gives a 404 on a C4 Hub... is this C7-only code?

Should work on all hubs, try it with your hub’s IP address instead of hubitat.local?

1 Like

Yes, did that. Still "404", which is a response from the web server AFTER you have contacted it.
A "404" does not mean that you did not reach the web server, it is a reply from the web server that the specific page you are seeing was not found.

I appended "http://" as a prefix, and it worked then... might be an issue with the handling of the default "https://" prefixes being appended by all browsers these days - a note for the maintainer of the tiny little web server built into the Hubitat.

1 Like

Poor (or Smart) Man's tilt sensor for cheap:

1. Take any door/window sensor, mount on garage door
  2. Mount any old scrap/spare hinge above the sensor with the hinge pin at top.
  3. Glue the door sensor magnet to the front lower edge of the hinge, within range of the sensor.

When the door opens, the hinge opens and hangs down, and the sensor detects "open".
When the door closes, the hinge closes, and the sensor detects "closed".

No, you don't know the exact angle, but garage door openers don't stop in the middle, they return to fully open if a problem prevents them from closing fully.

1 Like

Its a good idea. My contact sensors have been flawless. I can easily mount a sensor on the side of the door and mount the magnet either off the track or the wall.

The hinge method is really smart and replicates the behavior. Appreciate the idea!!!

I am curious as to why you couldn't just mount the contact sensor on the side of the garage door? The reason I ask it I am thinking about doing this. I don't need to figure out tilting just if it is open. Is there something I am missing?

Otherwise sounds like a very simple/compact solution! Thanks for the idea..

Also thinking a hinge like this might be good..

https://www.amazon.com/National-Hardware-N147-181-Chest-Hinges/dp/B000FPAKQE/

Pretty expensive for the sensor and the hinge. Why not just get a tilt sensor that's designed for this application? Don't have to worry about greasing the hinge either.

1 Like

If you're just doing it to tinker some then why not swap out the ball switch with a mercury switch?

1 Like

That was only an example (i agree kinda pricey) - I already have a few contact sensors on hand. I guess my question is why cant you just mount them on the side of the door?

That looks fun!!

or just use a 6.50 contact sensor lol
with added benefit of temp on your garage door.. everyone needs that!!!

10 Ecolink Zigbee Wireless Door/Window Contact Alexa via EchoPlus White 4655BC0R 851166005046 | eBay

2 Likes

I guess you could depending on how much play you have. Garage doors typically have roller mounts that slide a little either way to keep them from binding up on the rails.

1 Like

i put mine on the top of door to avoid that..

1 Like

Really windy areas like where I live contact sensors around the door create a lot of false triggers. Tilt sensor with a mercury switch turned out to be the best option for me.

1 Like

I have never gotten false from this. But my door is solid and heavy not one.of those thin.plasticky ones.

1 Like

I use mostly hardwired alarm sensors for all my exterior stuff. Was cheaper to just buy an Envisalink and bring those over. Came out to about $1.56 per device instead of adding a bunch of other sensors.

2 Likes