MCOHOME - CO2 Sensor Z-Wave+ MH9-CO2 in need of driver

Hallo!
Ich wusste nicht, dass sich jemand schon damit beschäftigt, deswegen, habe ich mir ebenso Driver geschrieben. Es zeigt alles. DewPoint ist als Pressure angezeigt, VOC als Energy.

[Aelfot/AirQualitySensorEurotronic.groovy at main · Aelfot/Aelfot (github.com)](https://github.com/Aelfot/Aelfot/blob/main/AirQualitySensorEurotronic.groovy)

That is a proper driver! I recommend everybody using the Eurotronic sensor to use the above driver from @Aelfot as this will allow full functionality of the Eurotronic driver, including the right settings. Thanks!

If you @matt_k say so, I will give it a try.
Thank you both for doing a great job!
So I will bother you @Aelfot when finding bugs. :wink:
Starting right now, there seems to be something wrong with the decimal places for temperature, CO2 and humidity, but only for the preferences, reporting seems to be very accurate.

A buddy at work has asked me to try out the MH10-PM2.5-WD

Tried using both drivers listed about. The Luftgutesensor driver is well, not something I can read and the Eurotronic driver only displays Temp and Humidity.

Is there another driver I should be using to get the PM reading or is it something I'm missing?

Edit: Sorry should have provided the signature of the MH10

Both drivers do see it as a Temp sensor and Humidity but not as CO2 or Smoke detector...

@matt_k, any chance you can take a look at updating or creating a driver for the MH10?

Can you try this driver, enable debugging and share the device log file?

Here is what I see after selecting configure and refresh

Current States doesn't show the CO2 level

HE only sees the device as a Temp and/or Humidity sensor

Thanks for taking a look

Just took a look at the device. This is not a CO2 sensor, but an air quality sensor.
It will report temperature, humidity and air quality (in micro gram / m3). It should be possible to retrieve the air quality value, although there isn't a specific Hubitat capability for this. A workaround is to use CO2 as a capability and show the air quality value. To do that I would need to know which sensor id is being used for air quality, which should show up in the log (when debugging is enabled).

thanks @matt_k

Here is the events page, not much there

And the log after a Configure and Refresh

Just updated the driver to remove any CO2 references, but it's still based on the MH9 driver. Which means ideally I need a device fingerprint for the MH10. This can be done by adding a custom driver from this forum called "Basic Z-Wave tool". Set the MH10 to use this driver and check the value of the MSR parameter, which can be found in the Advanced tab of the Device Details. After that, you can switch back to the regular driver.

I've also updated the parameters which can be set for this device.
Finally, can you do check the logs once more (with debugging enabled)? It should give a list of sensor values that are not being picked up by the driver.

This is far from a polished driver, so I wouldn't recommend this for production use.
See download via Pastebin.

Here you go from the device details section using the Basic Z-Wave Tool driver

Log file using the updated driver you recently posted

Thanks. I've updated the code with the correct device data (thanks for sharing) in the same file.
https://pastebin.com/raw/Zmvf3T96

Does it work when you set a value for the air quality reporting? Which version of Hubitat are you running?

TY @matt_k

Running the latest FW 2.2.5

Here is the log

Also, not seeing the air quality value in Current States after a Config/Refresh

Thanks for checking. I've updated the code again. Please know I'm far from a software engineer, so I won't be able to solve every single issue. Right now the driver is not working at all, because of the error shown in the log. I've tried a different method which hopefully solves the issue.
Updated code via same link.

Here you go

FYI, you know more about coding than I do and I appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Thanks! It would be helpful if any developer can take a look, as I don't understand this null object error. I've added additional debugging to see if we can get some more info from the log.

Code has been updated.

TY so much for what you have done so far :slight_smile:

Latest log

No worries. As long as you don't mind this trial and error approach, I'm sure we'll get there.
It looks like some of the parameter values are not available when the "configure" event is being run. I've incorporated a fallback to use a default value to see if we can get rid of that error.

Code updated in Pastebin.

I don't mind since I have the easy part :grinning:

Hallo,
ich habe es korrigiert. Jetzt wird es so angezeigt, wie in Einstellung steht. Übrigens, hat der Sensor Genauigkeit von 0.1. Das bedeutet, dass bei der Einstellung "zwei Nachkommastellen" wird immer 0 am Ende.
Auf dem GigHub liegt die aktuelle Version.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

1 Like

Danke dir vielmals, ich bin besonders begeistert vom neu hinzugefügten "notification type home health"!
Mit dem Assoziations-Befehl kann man vermutlich die Spirit Thermostate direkt mit dem Sensor verknüpfen?

Thanks a lot for this great work, I like especially the newly added "home health notification"!
I assume, that with this driver one can now directly asscociate the Spirit TRVs to the sensor?