Many Errors Trying to add ZigBee Device

Not sure whats this is about .. C8 - 2.3.9.147 < @bobbyD
but was trying to add a ZigBee battery 4 button remote and got this in the logs.
Not sure but I do not remember ever getting these errors before.
I have 5 of these 4-button remotes. ( now 6 )
I added it yesterday and it stopped working .. so I removed and re-installed it today.
It did add it and seems to be working now but its very weird.
Also noticed a memory decrease after adding the device. from 551 to 536

Do you see the same error messages when you pair these Tuya battery-powered buttons / scene switches very close to the hub?

There is a similar 'effect' when pairing some Ikea remotes - the pairing needs to be done extremely close to the HE hub.

1 Like

Well I did the 1st time close ..
But when I moved it to the location it didn't seem to want to work there I think it was too far from The hub. Once I removed it and repaired it and its location it connected to a repeater.
And really I want it connected to the repeater anyways because of the distance to the hub.

What the error means is that the device is notifying the hub that is leaving the network, and we report that to users since 2.3.9. In the past, these logs were not printed. Now, what's causing these issues is under investigation, and our engineers are working with Silicon Labs to find a solution.

2 Likes

First, pair the device close to the hub. Then, move it to its final destination place. Make a few clicks and wait a few minutes so that the device finds a Zigbee router nearby.

If still no button events are registered, pair the device again on-place, but do not remove it from the hub. Just pair it once again, this time away from the hub.

2 Likes