Manually Change Tile State On Dashboard

Is there a way to manually change a tile state?

So I have a virtual garage door opener that raises and lowers the garage door. It seems to work great but I just noticed something. If I open the garage by any means other than the virtual device, the tile doesn't update to the proper state. I also have a contact sensor on the door. Is there a way to update the status of the virtual device tile with the contact sensor on the garage door? I'm new to the game so I don't know if it's possible.

Unless something else is wrong, Dashboard just shows you whatever the state of the chosen device is. If it's wrong on the device page ("Devices," then click/tap into the page for this device)--look under "Current States" on the device page--then Dashboard will be wrong too. If they are different, then you have a problem (some people have noticed that Dashboards left open while devices are "sleeping" lose their connection and don't seem to fall back to the automatic refresh interval over HTTP, for example).

Assuming everything is otherwise right, what you really have is an issue with the virtual device not reflecting reality. How you'd go about fixing that--so getting the device to show what you want and, in turn, the Dashboard to show you what the device says--will depend on how you have that virtual device set up. You may get better luck asking in the particular thread for the app/driver I'm assuming you're using (or reading its documentation to see if this is addressed), but otherwise stating that information here may lead someone who is familiar with it to comment on the same. I'm assuming this is the type of setup you have given that most "real" garage door openers do not work this way. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I think I left out a crucial piece of information. My virtual device is connected via IFTTT. As I understand it, that only is one way communication (I could be wrong). When I initially setup the device I hadn't set up the close action. I noticed when I pushed the button it said the door was closed when it wasn't. The switch just looks to change when you press it without actually knowing what the state really is.

My particular IFTTT rule is tied to a Tailwind remote garage door opener.

If you are using the built in Virtual Garage Door Driver, there really is nothing you can do to accomplish this. The door's status is done automatically, regardless of what the real state of the door is. You would need to use something like this:

This allows you to combine devices into one garage door device.

Is that what your contact sensor is tied to or is the contact sensor connected to Hubitat?

IFTTT is definitely two way.

The contact sensor is separate. It's just an Ecolink Z-Wave mercury switch (also tied to my Hubitat). The Tailwind opener also has a separate means of determining the state. I had the Ecolink for a different opener that eventually broke.

I'll look into the link you sent tomorrow. I appreciate the help.