MakerApi question

8 posts were split to a new topic: Maker API Debate

Project started.
I'm sending commands to my hub from my web browser.

http://192.168.1.225/apps/api/290/devices/[Device]/[Command]/[Secondary value]?access_token=XXX
With [Device] = "195"
[Command] = "on"
[Secondary value] = ""

Hub returns:
{"id":"195","name":"Generic Component Metering Switch","label":"Zooz Double Plug2-LEFT Outlet","attributes":[{"name":"energy","currentValue":0,"dataType":"NUMBER"},{"name":"power","currentValue":0,"dataType":"NUMBER"},{"name":"switch","currentValue":"off","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]}],"capabilities":["Switch",{"attributes":[{"name":"switch","dataType":null}]},"Refresh","EnergyMeter",{"attributes":[{"name":"energy","dataType":null}]},"PowerMeter",{"attributes":[{"name":"power","dataType":null}]},"Actuator"],"commands":["off","on","refresh"]}

and by the time I look at my app the dashboard says it's on!
In Labview setting up comms is the hard part. Now comes the grunt work.

I am going to have to find a way for my hub it initiate comms, i.e. look at me I have something to tell you.

Do you mean...

"Find a way for LabView to allow unsolicited communications from the Hubitat Hub?"

OR

"Find a way for Hubitat to send data without needing to be polled via Labview?"

The latter is definitely possible via the MakerAPI with its recent feature enhancements. The former...no clue! :wink:

This is my exact setup and I notice no noticeable latency, and have zero hub slowdowns.

EDIT: Actually 3 hubs: A Zigbee, A Zwave, and A Coordinator

1 Like

This thread was supposed to be about MakerApi.
Since it's been hijacked I'm done.

3 Likes

And that's what I was worried would happen... :frowning: ... Sorry this thread got hijacked - I was trying to keep it on subject.

@matt1 - please keep us updated on the status of your project. I am genuinely interested in learning how well this works for you. If you feel the need to use a private message, that's fine as well.

2 Likes

Please help us make this community a great place for discussion, by always working to improve the topic in some way, however small. If you need to go off topic, or would like to respond to an individual's point of view, please consider using the private messages or the "Debate Chamber" section.

3 Likes