Maker API

that means the cloud URLs are working correctly.

sorry, the first link outputs the list of device, the second link says

"No response from hub"

The "with all details" is what I need to show the states of the devices I assume?

Correct.

As a test, you can install a second instance of MakerAPI on the same hub, and try both links again...

Also, what happens when you click the same two URLs under the Local Endpoint section?

so added a second one, and the same issues happened.

1. I removed all instances then added 1 new one back - "No response from hub"
  2. Removed all instances, added one back, selected only 2 devices, hue bulb and contact sensor - WORKED (for those two devices)

So it seems like there are one or more devices when added, cause some kind of issue?

Also when I went back to my app list there are now 4 instances of the Maker API that I didn't add... I assume this is not normal?

That is not normal, unless you added each of those instances...

I did not.

I delete all instances, refreshed the page (still not Maker API instances) then added 1 back, configured that one, went back to apps list, and their were 5

:man_shrugging:

I am all out of ideas...

1 Like

At least I know I can get it to work, thanks for getting me on the right path. Trying it with a subset of devices, leaving anything like groups, capture buttons, aggregated sensor states, etc. out to see if I can get it working with the subset first.

.... And that worked, I guess I can add the "exotics" back in one by one till I see what's causing the issue.

1 Like

That is strange. I didn't have those issues so far. FWIW, I'm accessing groups of lights, individual lights, AC controllers, contact motion and leak sensors, and virtual switches without any problems. It will be interesting, if possible, to find out what device(s) cause problems as you add them back in.

Yep, I'll try to do that over the rest of the weekend.

1 Like

Hi! Curious to know if it would be a reasonable ask to put the access token into an auth header rather than sending it in the URL. Not sure if there are any limitations on the hub/cloud portal that prevent that from being done but from a security perspective having it in the address is extremely high risk if posting over the Internet and on any LAN with running malware sniffers could find and exploit this. Even an oopsie made posting code to github with the token would leave someone vulnerable.
Obligatory "A hacker could exploit this option to discover devices in a home network and disable security devices as well as unlock doors gaining entry".

I'll have to double check but I think that those URLs are indeed encrypted in the body though the DNS name may be exposed.

1 Like

The urls are encrypted via https so long as you are using the https urls (cloud urls are https) . I for one would also like to see OAUTH keys moved to header values or somewhere outside the url. Or perhaps have the token be dynamic and provided via another authentication method.

I havenโ€™t done much work with the Maker API to really pick apart the security setup.

But as it is now freak the url like a password.

A quick search on stack overflow does confirm but from an experience in the past, I (un)intentionally scraped someone's url while troubleshooting at work and ended up logged into a payment system under someone else's ID. Hopefully nobody would commit a static token to a public github but we're getting to the age where even common criminals have basic computer hacking skills. Ounce of prevention and all that bit... Appreciate the effort being made to look into the change.

I've got some python that will parse this out for you at Improved media player? - I'm hoping to get the HE devs to take a look at it and improve the media player within the HE dashboard.

Hubitat Maker API Support:

1. Please update Maker API documentation to explain /devices/all vs /devices/*.

2. There seems to be an issue with devices/all via cloud. Is there a limitation on number of devices?

Blockquote

I think you're running into a connection timeout.

The message is "No response from hub". The number of devices selected is 275. Run the same locally, no problem. If I trim that down ~100 it works fine via cloud.

It only happens with devices/all. When run with devices/* it works fine.