Mains powered temperature sensor

@JJackson75080
Thanks - I don't yet actually have one of these devices with which to write rules. I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy one or two.
My questions 2 & 3 are about the color of the light on the device. The device supposedly has 7 light colors. Supposedly when used with Homeseer, you can use the different colors as indicators, so for example the device lit up red could be a garage door is open, and the device lit up purple could be a light is on somewhere. These lights would go on and stay on independent of the device sensing motion, and actually, hopefully override the light color when the device senses motion.
I'm trying to figure out if that portion of the device can be used with Hubitat - ie if all those parameters are exposed in HE. In my research, it seems that it may be that when connected to hubs other than Homeseer, not all parameters of the device are exposed, but I'm not sure.

ETA: The below is from the Homeseer data sheet for the HSM200; specifically I'm trying to figure out if I Hubitat supports "Z-Wave Color Control command class" so I can use the device as an indicator by having different LED colors light up:

Non-HomeSeer Compatibility

Most non-HomeSeer hubs will recognize HSM200 as a BINARY sensor with ON (for motion) and OFF (for no motion) status. Temperature and Luminance reports may or may not be detected. If the hub does not support the Z-Wave COLOR CONTROL command class, it won't be able to change the RGB LED indicator.

Thanks.

yes you can turn on the light any of the colors and also with motion in hubitat set the color to be random which i do..

i also use my own modified custom driver and in mine the parameters do work..

1 Like

@kahn-hubitat THANK YOU!
I see your driver lets you set the interval of how long the light stays on after no motion is detected. If that works, that is terrific and exactly what I need for a night light.

One other clarification: With your driver, is it possible to simultaneously use this device as a night light AND as an indicator? In other words, is it possible to write a rule or rules that result in no matter what the lux and motions readings are, if basement door is open for >10 minutes, light goes on red and stays on until basement door closes, regardless of any other input. However, IF no other input, and lux is under x value, and sensor detects motion, then light goes on white for 3 minutes?

No . You can turn.the night light on but if yoi.also.use as a motion the night light will turn off at end of motion. But you can write a rule to override.

Trigger switch off
Required time between x and y
Action switch.on

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.