Lytmi Neo Sync Box Integration

Has anybody integrated the Lytmi Neo Sync Box with Hubitat? The device claims to be a Tuya device and also claims to work with SmartThings. I am really interested in a synchronized HDMI/TV ambient light strip lighting system for my TV but I would really like it to be Hubitat integrated. The Lytmi Neo unit for my TV is turnkey (box, light strip, etc) for about $190. Phillips hue has a similar product that integrates into the Phillips hue ecosystem. The sync box is $230 but requires a Hue hub ($60) and Hue Light strips ($280) total $570. The units both have advantages and disadvantages but the cost difference is staggering. Does anybody have either?

1 Like

I’ve got a Lytmi on the way. I plan to integrate it via Alexa, but would love it if someone was able to develop an integration for it.

Great! I would love to hear your assessment of the product. Everything that I have researched looks good.

I’m looking forward to receiving it! I’ll let you know if it’s as good as the reviewers say it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received my Lytmi 2.0 on the 24th and just installed it. I have a very dark blue background, so was wondering how well it would work. It probably impacts the colors, but it’s hard to tell for sure.

• Ordering was easy and shipping was relatively quick considering it came from China.
  • Installation was extremely easy. I ordered the 65” kit and it fits my 65” TV perfectly. No cutting required.
  • Some of the colors, especially the yellows seem off, but that might very well be because of my TV wall color…
  • The colors seem to follow well what is on the screen, but unfortunately, there is a delay when the scene changes. That can be a bit of a pain. Really the only downside. I don’t recall seing this in any of the reviews - but could have easily missed it. I used it with HD and 4K with no issues.
  • I setup a virtual switch/contact sensor in Hubitat which I share with Alexa. With the Lytmi integration to Alexa, I set up two routines to turn it on/off via Hubitat. Unfortunately however, I have no way to sync from Lytmi to Hubitat, so no way to know if it was turned on/off outside of Hubitat.
  • There is currently no way to change the mode, color, etc. outside of their app. Alexa has some limited functionality (on/off, dim, color).

Overall happy with the purchase, especially since it was on sale! I really wish there was a full-featured integration with Hubitat. Hopefully someone with the right skill set will eventually purchase one and develop/share a driver! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Sebastien Thanks for the thorough review. I too hope that a developer will write an HE integration… I plan on picking one of these up soon.

1 Like

@Sebastien I ordered mine last night. I will have to try the virtual switch in Alexa for control from Hubitat. I already have a Hubitat controlled light strip on the TV and I want to be able to turn it off and the Lytmi on and visa versa from Hubitat. Looks like it shipped this morning...

1 Like

@Sebastien finally received my Lytmi Neo 2.0 and installed it. I noticed that is has a problem with Dolby atmos or hdr. The colors are washed out big time. Apparently it is a known issue and Lytmi will send you a free hdmi splitter to downscale to the Lytmi.

One question that I have for you is that you mentioned that you have some kind of crude integration with Hubitat for it? How are you doing that?

I have a switch/contact sensor combo in Hubitat that is shared with Alexa. I setup a routine in the Alexa app so that it shuts down Lytmi when the combo is off, and turns it on when it’s on. In Hubitat, I have a rule that turns on the combo when the TV is turned on, off when off. Works perfectly, though I wish there was a true integration…

1 Like

@Sebastien When I go to Alexa app to create a routine, the trigger only shows 3 devices that I can trigger the routine. None of which are Hubitat devices. How do I get the Hubitat devices to show up in the trigger portion of the routine?

Use this driver for your virtual device. It is the one I used:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SebastienViel/HubitatVirtualSwitchWithContact/main/VirtualSwitchWithContact

Thanks, I'll give it a try.