Lutron Radio Ra2

Does anyone have a simple procedure to add Lutron Radio Ra2. Apparently steps shown in documentation do not apply to Radio Ra 2.

I would like to have an interface to bring in all light switches into Hubitat. Not sure why this is not designed as simply as Lutron app does not give you any option for Hubitat.

The docs look accurate to me if you start at the "Caseta/RA2" section: Lutron Integrator - Hubitat Documentation. The first part just describes how to get Caséta to this point, since telnet is not enabled by default like it is on RA2. But do note the newly added instructions at the bottom of this page, as Lutron recently disabled the former-default telnet credentials by default on RA2 and they must be added if you're new or kept if you're upgrading--the RA2 Essentials software will give you the option. (You will need--or at least want--a static IP address for your Main Repeater if you don't have one.)

Beyond that, the other thing that seems missing is how to get the integration report. Instead of the Caséta instructions, the report in Lutron can be generated in CSV format from the menus of the RA2 Essentials software. This can be a bit hard to read and find the devices you want, so you honestly might have better luck walking around you house, keeping Hubitat's live logs open, and pressing buttons to see what device ID it reports (it should log everything, even if you don't have a device created for it--assuming you have the app set up, which I guess would be necessary). Just my opinion there, though. :slight_smile:

The docs don't have same info for Radio Ra2. If I follow the procedure my app for Lutron is different for Radio Ra2 which does not give me options for any of the steps listed.

Are you talking about the Lutron mobile app? If so, nothing you need to do for Hubitat is in there. (Actually, maybe you can use it for some things; it requires the Connect Bridge, which I don't have and think is way overpriced for what it offers, even by Lutron standards, so I can't check.) All that you need to do you can do using the RA2 Essentials (or Inclusive) software on your PC. Beyond setting up your devices, that would mostly just be getting the integration report so you can see which devices correspond to which IDs so you can feed that into the Hubitat integration app.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.