Lutron question

They do: Lutron PD-5WS-DV-WH

However, this won't work for your needs because the way the non-neutral switches and dimmers work is by leaking small amounts of current to load.

Can I make a suggestion? Since you going to wire the fan to be always on, why not use a Pico remote in place of a Caseta switch? Pico remotes can be mounted in gang-boxes using a special mounting plate that Lutron sells for about $5.

I currently use rule machine to automate the fans, I rarely ever need to manually control them, if I do I can use the provided RF remote or the Dashboard to do so.

They were solely going to be used to "if" the power needed to be cut without having to flip the breaker also to have matching switches throughout the house. The Pico's will only serve one of those purposes.

Got it. Will the PD-5WS work for your needs then? It would just be left on most of the time anyway.

I'm looking at it now, it looks like it might. I'll probably try one and see, if not I could put in on a bathroom exhaust fan anyway. Thanks for cluing me in on this.

1 Like